Nice visting with you.

Old 10-20-2003, 02:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh Debbie, that was vulgar! LOL but very appropriate in this context!
Old 10-20-2003, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Okay, it was venting.....probably should have waited until I was calmer but it does fit the person. Don't you think?
Old 10-20-2003, 02:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, yes as a matter of fact! I will concur!
Old 10-20-2003, 02:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OMG.....I just finished reading this thread and the "other" one from Mark's whatever you call it and how insecure can someone be????? I would have thought that someone in his shoes would certainly have a little more self confidence than to be so offended by a VERY GOOD JOKE!!

Cecelia..... I certainly hope and pray that you come back and read how much everyone wants you to stay. I thought the joke was great......wish I could come up with some like that myself!!!

Evidentially he hasn't been around too long....we all need to vent, but he obviously takes things too serious.....you are welcome here anytime... Hope to hear from you soon!!!!

Constant
Old 10-20-2003, 03:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
sdp

Cecilia--
I add my thoughts to everyone else's..Don't pay attention to him!!!

And Debbie- the PC term is "Richard Cranium".......
Old 10-20-2003, 03:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

HOLY MOLY.

My E-mail is stuffed. Ive been mowing and leaf blowing. My trees are molting.

I just figured I would say bye to you all before I was banned from visiting for conduct unbecoming a Codie. Didnt want you to think it was you. Frankly Im surprized I here. I figured Id be disconnected by now.

Mark didnt traumatize me so dont get your knickers in a twist. I mean really, its not like hes this real important person in my life or anything. Hes just some faceless guy on the web. Lighten up. ;-)

Though it is nice to know that you consider me enough of a part of the group to get snitty about it. Most of my snit fits are do it yourself these days. ;-)

I started to not say anything but my bad self typed a retort and sent it before I could stop her. I admit I do have a dry sense of humour. Elvis has no sense of humour and apparently neither does Mark.
Thats not why I gave him a verbal whack though.

I can understand that some people are totally serious and you cant joke with them. If one of you gals had said the same thing I would have apologized. It doesnt matter if youre right or wrong if the other person is hurt by what you say then you shouldnt say it.

Mr Sichel on the other hand professes to be a counselor and an expert. As such he should be held to a much higher standard than us amateurs. Im not a fragile person but some of the others who post are. In my opinion thats no way for a counselor to be postng. A true counselor would have been curious not contemptuous.

Ive learned my lesson. Im staying away from there. It would be SO much fun to go over there and whack him again but Ill behave myself. LOL. I think Ive provided ENOUGH intertainment for a while.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Whew, glad to see you are here. As you can see, we all love your sense of humor

Sorry about my outburst! Richard Cranium huh? I like it. Perhaps I will edit my post.....lol Do you think he could sue me for slander?
Old 10-20-2003, 03:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
They call me Kim

Glad you didn't take what he said to heart Cecilia!!!!

Welcome Home!!

Hugz~

Kim
Old 10-20-2003, 03:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
sdp

Hi C!!! Glad to see ya!! (are you going to buy his book??)

Debbie- I hope not!!!
Old 10-20-2003, 04:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Seriously. It might be a very good book. Even a bad book is hard work amd takes a lot of time and thought.

There may be a lot of good info in his books
but a lot of people will never know because of the way he comes across. I went back to reread my thread and to look at some others.
I dont see any counseling. All I see is read my book. Makes him sound like a snake oil salesman.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hi Cecelia - so glad you didn't have to go

It's funny cuz I found the same thing about Mark...
A while ago I posted to him, and I put a lot of time and thought into my words. I wanted to make it as clear and straightforward as possible so that he could respond with some helpful information.
Basically all he said was "don't worry about it" and "get on with your life"... OH ya, and "read my book". Gee, I could have thought of something better than that

Oh well, now you know where the REAL experts are...

Take care
Meg
Old 10-20-2003, 05:18 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

He does come off as rather cold and insensitive.But it's probably a bit frustrating to be him.He only has time to pop in about every week to 10 days or so.And when he gets here, his forum is filled with a lot of questions that have nothing to do with his line of work.People hit him with medical questions and everything else.So most of what he does here involves telling people he can't answer their question.

After a while it's probably an automatic reponse

phoenix
Old 10-20-2003, 05:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

You're probably right...
What a nice way of putting it
Meg
Old 10-20-2003, 06:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Well...I am being nice...lol.

But my personal feeling is that he lacks the time to make the forum work.Maybe he just isn't suited for this sort of thing.Maybe it's not quite what he expected either.In any case,it just doesn't seem to be working.That's only my opinion though.

phoenix
Old 10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Paused

ok i am so lost....

who the hell is Mark and where is his post? You all have me curious now.

I am glad you didn't listen to him Cecilia, whoever he is. You are fun and I really enjoy you very much, I am so glad you aren't gone from here.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:26 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
sdp

On the "ask the experts" forum
Old 10-21-2003, 03:27 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

YEAH Cecelia.....so relieved to get up this morning and find that you have returned!!! I love your sense or humor.....your one liners are great.

Glad you back!

Constant
Old 10-21-2003, 05:09 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Boy if I was seeable I should be embarassed. I cant believe the Hootenanny I started. LOL. Phoenix is probably right thats just the way he is. A warning label would have been nice though. " Caution this person takes himself way too serious and has absolutely no sense of humour. Sniggle at your own risk."

I have to admit it, Im addicted to punnies. Elvis always sends me these big mushy cards. (especially now) But I love the ones where the chicken jumps out on a spring. Those mushies are so predictable and boring. Use some brain cells. LOL.

Heres one from the badself.

Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks youre an ass.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:55 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Paused

he has apologized

check the thread again, he wrote twice to try to make it right, which I have to respect.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

I am glad that he recognized his part... It's so wonderful with things have a happy ending