Eat Pray Love

Old 08-19-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by seekingcalm View Post
I read the book 2 years ago, and saw the movie last night. When I read the book, I was in a completely different place. The movie resonated for me so much now.
I also loved the lines..."I love him", "So love him". "I miss him", "So miss him"...And reading Susan Anderson's book at this time as well is so hard, and so painful, and so helpful at the same time. I love him, and I miss him, but I cannot be with my ex ABF right now. I need this time to be alone, to heal.

But, as much as I love a romantic happy ending, I was strangely disappointed when I read the book and after the movie that her happy ending had to include a man. I wanted her to be happy alone. I need to believe in that possiblity for myself. I am trying.
I think he happy ending was knowing she can be in a relationship and not lose hereself.

Like you, I miss him and care about my recent ex, but I can't be with him either.
Alone is all I can do right now.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Send light and love? I want to send a couple of bouncers to hit him hard in the face.
Still working on my anger. Hopefully one day I will be able to send light and love and be authentic in doing so.
The thing that has changed is that I actually send light and love to myself. I don't think I ever did that... to ask help for myself. That is familar and really helps at this time.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ha Ha...

Have known that feeling.

I loved the book, enjoyed the movie. However, I think the editing was exceptional. A movie can rarely do a masterpiece book justice. The book was beautifully written as well.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am a recovering Codie and recovering Addict (turned to drugs and drink when I spiralled out of control with codependance) and I am leaving in 3 weeks to spend 3 months in Bali!

I haven't even read the book but people keep telling me I should given the nature of my recent life and forthcoming trip- so thanks for the review I will def buy it today and go see the movie before I leave
Old 08-20-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie, but it'll be a while. I don't like theatre's, so I wait for everything to come out on dvd. I'd try to read the book while waiting for the dvd, but it would seem I have more important literature that will need to be read in my near future.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sreni: can I come?

Tormented: I don't either. Not been to one since 2006, but I made an execption for this movie.
Whenever you see it, you will love it.
I'm going back to see it this weekend