WHY do we put ourselves through all this despair?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WHY do we put ourselves through all this despair?

Logging on and getting an overview glimpse of all the posted topics today - a thought came to me.

WHY do we put ourselves through all this despair? Over and over again... for many of us. It's like we are stuck. Mired down in the effects of the alcoholic's disease.

Although I've been free from the alcoholic for nearly 3 years, I still have issues to deal with, and find myself still having to come here to post my thoughts. I suppose that is healthy, and part of the healing... but somedays, upon reading the same situations - just different people going through the same things, it really gets me down!

What I'd really like to do is wave a magic wand over all of you out there and have these bad things all disappear!!!! Poof!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Thanks for sharing. I can totally relate. I feel the exact same way sometimes when I get on SR in the morning and there are 10, 20 new posts from new folks going through the same problem as what the 10 or 20 new folks from yesterday were going through, and from the day before that and the day before that and so on. Alcoholism and addiction are THAT HUGE of a problem. It is very sad. When I am overwhelmed by it, I respect myself and do not come back to SR until it no longer overwhelms me.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Somewhere on here I read love and fear feel the same for those of us who grew up in alcoholic/abusive homes. It looks and feels normal for awhile.....until hopefully....we wake up and see this is not right.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by isurvived View Post
What I'd really like to do is wave a magic wand over all of you out there and have these bad things all disappear!!!! Poof!
How very codependent of you.

(FWIW, I often feel the same way)

L
Old 08-12-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
How very codependent of you.
LOL! That was my first thought!

It's hard to explain to people how grateful I feel for the last year of my life. They think I have a touch of the crazy!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Now that I would not mind having around.....a codependent Fairy Godmother who has that codie need to make me happy. Bring it ON.

God bless