I have had ENOUGH! This ALL ends tomorrow!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I made it!

Hey SR community! I am writing you from my new place... complete with a sweet older lady, lumbering dog and a calico cat. WOW.

Yesterday, the move went well, everything out. All my stuff here.

He texted me last night " the lights are off here, how about you?" like what was I supposed to say, anyways to that? I guess he forgot my "do not contact me ever again, you creep" text from 2 weeks ago.

This morning I got up early to go back to my place, finish cleaning up. His car is gone, apparently boy wonder is driving again without a license, smart.
So, here am I putting the final load into my car, and he drives up. Great.
He gets out of his car, asks if he can help me, it is ackward.
I find the courage to tell him to stop contacting me, via text, calls, emails.
He looks at me, surprised and says he misses me at times and wants to reach out. I put it back in his court by asking "are you still working things out with your ex wife?" Yes, he says. I then say " it is not fair to her or me, when you do this, just leave me alone".
I felt very emotional, but held back the tears until I was driving down the street. All I wanted to do was go home and cry. And then I realized I had a new home and my roommate was there... damn, I wanted to be alone. But instead, I got busy today. I cleaned and cleaned. My roommate was looking at me like I was some kind of wonder woman, but it was the only thing I could do instead of loosing it.

Yesterday, I saw my therapist and she encouraged me to think of a "plan" for when I get the urge to reconnect. Her words are wise, since today I had no plan, clearning just came up. I really need to think of what to do when I happen to run into him, feel the need to talk to him, etc.

Thank you ALL for the wonderful posts of encouragement! Yes, thank you for the invite to the DAMN BOOK CLUB! Seriously! Will look for this book tomorrow...
Old 08-14-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You're Awesome!!!!

How about this plan if he contacts you or shows up

F*** OFF!!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The F plan

Sounds great!

I just wanted everyone to know I blocked all 3 of his numbers from my cel phone.

It was time.

I am gone, he has no clue where I moved to, no need for him to "haunt" my new surroundings and disrupt my sense of well-being.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good for you! If you are done, BE done.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Smart therapist! I would add, make a plan for what you will do in case YOU get the urge to contact HIM. How will you prevent yourself from getting the urge in the first place, what you will do to quell the urge when you get it, and what you will do if the urge takes over and you slip? How will you ensure YOUR feelings, thoughts, and behavior reflect No Contact?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You have so much fun and happy life ahead.

Keep moving forward.

There are people in the world "the achievers" who never look back - they learn from the past, but never return to it. I want sooo much to be one of those people. It is such hard work!! Sometimes I feel like I am in quicksand, just stuck, frozen by my past.

But reading how you are doing it - helps me.

So you can't let me down - nahhhh just kidding

Your doing great
Old 08-16-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

2nd day

Last night was the first night of call blocking. It felt strange, but peaceful. I realized that I was getting a sort of kick from what Melody Beattie called "excited misery" in my relationship with my XABF.

I once saw a therapist who mentioned that the "best" kind of reinforcement is the intermittent kind. It is the "best" because the one doing it is totally in charge and the one receiving it has no idea when it will happen again, the receiver is always left hanging, waiting for that next fix, given just enough to have our attention, but not enough to have our needs truly met.
I never knew when he would call, it always seemed random, he kept me in a state of anticipation.

This makes sense to me in regards to this relationship. I always wanted more, always wanted things to be better, always hoped for the best.

And it got me nowhere.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I have to tell you that I am so empowered by your strength of character. You are a true inspiration to me tonight.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Dini... you are ALL my inspiration!

Every time I think of reaching out to him, I go on to this site.

It really helps me to refocus on what I truly need, not on what will feel good for a moment and leave me with lots of regret later.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by groybin View Post

Every time I think of reaching out to him, I go on to this site.

It really helps me to refocus on what I truly need, not on what will feel good for a moment and leave me with lots of regret later.
I couldn't have said it better myself. SR is my lifeline and when Ihave amoment of weakness,I come here and read. I always seem to find what I need to read to stay strong.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I love SR...
Old 08-20-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It's been 1 week!

I have survived the week in a new place and a new phone number... basically NO CONTACT.

It has not been easy, but I am learning to rely on myself, my family and friends and SR community for support.

Everytime I want to contact him, I give myself "permission" to do it, but ONLY if I wait it out for one hour. So far, the urge passes within that hour and I am able to comfort myself just fine.

Next Monday, I will check my old mailslot one last time and turn in my keys to the building we once both lived in. I plan on being extra gentle with myself that day and will treat myself to something nice later that evening, perhaps a pedicure.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

you ROCK!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It's been a week of NC for me - I'm an expert at making rules to block his emails, I can block my home phone on line, blocked him on FaceBook (thought that would be the hardest-actually, it was the easiest), MSN, anywhere where he could sneak in. As for my cell-I have a small voicemail inbox (3 messags) so, to keep that full, I phone it and fill up the inbox. All he gets is the fact that the inbox is full.

Yesterday, I had a lovely surprise-the people I volunteer with got me to the store on the pretense of a meeting-it was as lovely little goodbye party, complete with card and gift certificate. It's a book store-I love books ad all of the staff thought it was the best way to keep me coming back because they told me how much of an impact I made in the store while I was there.

I go back to university (at 50+ years no less) to start the path to an accounting degree and would not have time for the store as a volunteer, but as a customer, I'll always have time.

Told all of them how touched I was and how grateful I was to have them as friends and that it was my sanctuary when things were tough (they all knew what I was delaing with). Out of all of that, made a real connection with a new volunteer - she and share similar stories, tastes in books, music, TV and humor. We spent the afternoon talking like there was no tomorrow. I never thought of ABF nor did I even turn on my Blackberry to see if he called.

My new friend and I are going to get out and do some "girl things" before I go back to school and of course, keep in touch after I start.

It was the perfect antidote to the crappy day I had the day before yesterday.

All iI could think of was that when God closes a door, a window opens...and that it did yesterday.