Being good to me...

Old 08-04-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being good to me...

After getting my student loan disbursements, I decided it was high time to both treat myself, and get some things I desperately needed too.

I have had to borrow Amber's camera whenever I wanted to get pictures. I found a nice little Olympus digital camera, factory reconditioned, for half the price of a new one. It came today, complete with all the cords, and a memory card to boot.

My drawer that pulls out under my desk for the keyboard broke years ago, so I've been using a plain Jane keyboard up on the desk, which is hard as I have a disability in both hands/arms due to surgery on both arms years ago for a severely compressed ulnar nerve in both arms.

Today I got my wireless, ergonomic keyboard, and oh what a treat! I am in seventh heaven.

My orthopedic cushion I sit on is over 4 years old and has been shot for some time, so I have two pillows under it just to be able to sit. I ordered a gel orthopedic cushion and am still waiting on that.

I found a marvelous reasonable 'bed in a bag' set from Walmart, and baby I am going wild!

I ordered a turquoise zebra print set, and also bright turquoise sheer panels for the windows that I found in the college dormitory stuff they had advertised. I've always been kind of blah in the decorating sense, so I'm having fun with this!

I did splurge and buy a very cool western themed handbag/matching billfold from a business here in town where Amber buys stuff like that, and it's a darker turquoise. I'll get pictures soon!

It is so nice to finally have some things I have needed, and to actually buy some non-necessities because it's been years since I did that.

Now that the shopping is over, it's back to budgeting and paying bills.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The gal is on a spree!!!

Good for you for bringing some life into your decor and getting some well-deserved new ergonomic items. Those will go a long way in keeping you healthy and improving your mood. I spend long hours at a keyboard and I agree it wears on the body if you don't give yourself support and the right equipment and don't let that stuff age like that again. That's almost as bad as having no support at all.

I've been picking up some things along the way on clearance lately that I've been wanting. I new teapot, some colorful bouses, a memory foam pillow, etc. I just bought a packet of earing backings today for $3. Now I can wear all those earings that have been collecting dust because I lot the backing to them. The holes had closed a little, but I feel like a million bucks.

Just having something new to look at sometimes does wonders for my outlook.

Can't wait to see some pictures of your new room!!!

Alice
Old 08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
The gal is on a spree!!!

Good for you for bringing some life into your decor and getting some well-deserved new ergonomic items. Those will go a long way in keeping you healthy and improving your mood. I spend long hours at a keyboard and I agree it wears on the body if you don't give yourself support and the right equipment and don't let that stuff age like that again. That's almost as bad as having no support at all.
It's been the pits trying to get a completely ergonomic setup for me at home! I've already got my monitor on a thick book because I'm 6' tall, and needed to keep my chair height adjusted so my arms were close to 90 degrees at the elbow while typing.

I still need to get a good lumbar support pillow, and I think that's the last thing on my list of 'desperately needed' stuff.

Oh, I forgot. I need new underwear too. Mine are getting a little stretched out.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Zebra striped underwear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good 4 u..we all need a little ooomph! every now and then..especially in the undie dept!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Shop-a-rama !!!! Sound like so much fun - you deserve it !!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you need some new music too, eh?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Good for you! Looking forward to some great pics!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh my. Don't get me started on underwear! I've had bra drama for I don't know how long. Ugh.

I kept trying to lift my computer screen closer to eye level, too, to keep me sitting upright while I type. I found a cool plastic bin with a drawyer in it I had in storage that needed a home so I tried that. Much better for sure. Keeps me looking straight ahead more than downward, which promotes my bad habit of slouching for sure. Plus, I have the added use of the drawer for a catch all for my desk clutter, very convenient!

Feel free to keep pics of the new underwear to yourself though Dev. LOL!!!!

Alice
Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It sounds wonderful good for you and u must post a pic of this zebra set!! So glad to hear this!
Hugs
Lulu
Old 08-04-2010, 09:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dear Von, it sounds absolutely wonderful therapy for you. Show us the Ze bras. Here's some ideas for new undies.

God bless
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

LOL.

Wireless ergonomic keyboard? I am also thinking of buying one.

In Pilates I met a woman who has had surgery due to using bad keyboard and mouse without support. I already got mouse wrist support+mousepad but I can see how this keyboard is NOT helping me!

Good for you for investing on your well being. Per doc recommendation I bought an air cleanser that also has aromatherapy. I am bringing it to work as the air quality sucks in here and I was told I get ill due to the bacteria floating around.

In an unrelated note I hate undies, so uncomfortable...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Dear Von, it sounds absolutely wonderful therapy for you. Show us the Ze bras. Here's some ideas for new undies.

God bless
Back in the day when I had my sportster and wore numbers like that red one, I won't tell you how long it took to get them out of my butt crack after a lengthy motorcycle ride!

I may have to look for some zebra print ones!!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yep, ditto for these French nickers. Never wore thongs, and if I did it now, would need search and rescue team to find them.

Given an ergonomic keyboard a few months ago and love it, also makes life easier.

Be careful of any zebra striped stuff, as could have some problems......

God bless