Whew!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whew!

3:30 am, I get in my bed (finally) and am about to fall asleep when my phone begins to ring/vibrate like crazy. The XABF is calling me to tell me he has been jumped and "they" took everything he had. I'm ill because the drunken idiot is calling me. I asked if he saw what "they" looked like- he didn't know. "They" also took his truck- but he knew someone who knew where it was. I told him to 1st- call the police- I can't help him. 2nd- call the guy who knows where his truck is. He begs me to come get him- says he's going to kill himself- can't believe I won't help him! "They" took $170 (which he shoulda used for his hotel stay since he has no where to go- but it makes more sense to go to a bar). Y'all, it just went on and on so finally I did what any good citizen would do....

I hung up and blocked his number. After an hr and 1/2 of 24 calls they finally seized! I don't know if the cops finally picked his sorry self up or if he beat himself with his cell phone, but either way: THANK GOODNESS!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mine used to do that call thing.

What is that? Calling several dozen times demanding a response...?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

so finally I did what any good citizen would do....

I hung up and blocked his number.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfxko
Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for this Bgrasp - I needed a laugh this morning ! GREAT JOB !

Old 08-04-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow you have no idea how much he sounds like my XABF. Craziness! He's always getting himself into fights, has no money for places to stay, and calls obsessively with no regard to what time it is!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maaaaan, he knocked on my door, so I let the ahole in. shame on me, but he's drawning on about he's gonna kill himself and some other bs. I'm going to let him sleep for a couple hours then he's got to get out. I've already told him that- I have things to do. Someone help! =(
Old 08-04-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If he says he is going to kill himself I would call 911.
They will put him in the hospital lock up for at least 48 hours.
I think you will find that takes care of that, whether it be a real threat or a manipulation.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

bgrasp...if he's saying he's going to kill himself, call the police NOW and have him removed. This is very quickly escalating to the realm of "too big for me to handle" and it's already very much within the realm of "not my problem".

Don't let yourself become a hostage to his pretend or perhaps serious threats of suicide. Let a pro deal with it.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Let the police hand it - if he is really thinking of killing himself they will give him the help he needs. If he is pulling your leg for sympathy a visit from the police will stop him from needlessly pulling that card again.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

PLEASE call 911 and let them take him to a hospital. You have no idea what his frame of mind will be when he wakes up.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You asked for help....well, asked and answered by the wise folks here.

You have the power to send him on his way and get him the help he needs. You knew last night when he called that there was nothing you could do for him and yet with him standing at your door, you caved. *I don't blame you there, believe me, I would have done the same, I'm sure* Pick up the phone and call the authorities. They will get him the help he needs and I he thinks telling you he's going to kill himself is the magin button to get a place to crash and possibly more, he will think twice about it.

Stay strong!

Alice
Old 08-04-2010, 12:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bgrasp View Post
I'm going to let him sleep for a couple hours then he's got to get out. Someone help! =(
Um, threatening to kill himself? If he's really suicidal there's nothing a couple hours of sleep can do for him.

My brother pulled that crap on me. Call the police. If he means it, you've saved his life. If he doesn't mean it, you've saved your own.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I did cave and I am mad at myself for it. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. It's difficult for me to be cold. I talked to his brother for a bit since he really, truly knows him. I'll let him sleep some of the drunk off and then tell him it's time to go. If he gives me problems or talks about suicide again, I will have 911 ready to go in my phone.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

We have struggled as you do and been confused. You are okay and you will be fine.
Glad you have your plan in place.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I never want a man in my life again lol
Old 08-04-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

IMO, you're being far too patient with this loser. I'm concerned about the state he'll be in once he wakes up (i.e. dangerous or violent towards *you* and not just himself). Can you have someone i.e. his brother, come show him the door?

Don't worry about "caving". Worry about getting the moron out of your house.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I got him up and told him he had to leave. "But I thought maybe I could stay here just tonight, don't you see the position I'm in, and you don't care. Why?" Yes I do see, I told him. And I don't care because it's time you help yourself. If he comes around again, I WILL call the cops. I even told him if he wanted to make a situation out of this I would call the cops and THEY would give him a place to stay. This is ridiculous. If he's going to hang out in the parking lot, I will also call the cops (I live in an apt). His new found friends from last night's escapade can help him. He claims NOW he didn't go with anyone last night after saying before he did. Hope his imaginary friends help him. I'm carrying my knife with me when I leave.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think you did swimmingly. It took guts to do what you did.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

If you feel like you need to arm yourself to leave your apartment-honey it is time to call in the police. Like you said--they will give him a place to stay. He'll even get 3 meals a day. He is not your problem and you do not want to get into some sort of fight with this fool that will make YOU wind up in the place with 3 meals a day.

He will be back. You let him in once so he will try again. Having the police tell him if he comes back they will arrest him for disorderly conduct (or something else) may give him pause.

stbxah pulled the suicide card many times. He cares to much about himself to kill himself. Sounds harsh--but true.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

stbxah pulled the suicide card many times. He cares to much about himself to kill himself. Sounds harsh--but true.
That sounds like him too. Everyone everywhere owes him.