Family vacation. Already triggered

Old 08-02-2010, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Family vacation. Already triggered

I'm suppose to leave with the boys to go to my dads house in Kentucky Aug 20. My cousins, sisters, and extended family will be there. The kids are excited. It'll be the only vacation we take this summer.

I'm already triggered. I really really want to get this under control so we can go. I"m sick fo being the one with all the issue. My middle sister and cousin are driving together and keep posting on FB that "we call the biggest bedroom!" Why on gods green earth does this **** me off so badly??

I guess i"m just sick of figuring out why I'm so screwed up. Easy to tell others here to let it go, but this family of origin stuff is like a loaded hand grenade. I'll go back to yoga today, day three in a row, that should help. In about three more days..
Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ughhh Transform I feel your pain ! I am having to deal with my FOO at much closer range these days. Brings back all of the old behavior patterns in a flash. I just keep reminding myself that I am not a kid anymore and I have the POWER to make decisions for myself that work for me. Old patterns can be broken. Identify and eliminate them one at a time. See them, feel them and own them and TOSS UM in the trash. Cause that is where they belong - we can't change the past but we can control ourselves now. Have the best time you can and enjoy your vacation.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
part time member

I was just at a family camping get together. My SIL who is my personal hand grenade had absolutely no power over me (I wouldn't let her even though she tried!) in fact she blew up in front of everyone...she wasn't getting her way. It was great! Sit back and count to 10....you are much better than all that.

Personally I think that the sister and cousin have already started. FB are you kidding? (the groups of 3 never work!!!)
Old 08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

^^^^ dont you just love it when the other family members REACT....and then you are there sitting and sipping your drink in "aah what just happened?" when, YOU SAW IT COMING...!!! LOL.....

CHOAS love watching in it, and me sitting back and well, giggles from it... <<< that is pretty much what I do now....
Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh I am never going on vacation with any of my FOO ever again. I tried to ignore the carp they were dishing out on me and didn't bite back but I couldn't get it out of my head "this is meant to be a holiday, why are they trying to make my life a misery?!" I would be in tears (privately... would never give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry)
Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thanks Ya'll. My dad sent me a very sweet email, telling me he actually built one of the rooms especially for me. I haven't seen this house yet, but it's a corner room with an office.

I'll just keep going to yoga. More yoga, more yoga...
Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck, hope it works out for you and you have a lovely time.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

For me, I have learned not to sweat the small stuff. The room I get is just fine with me, it is not worth bothering myself about. Of coarse if I am in danger, that's another story, I would just stay home.

If I am overly sensitive about everything, how do I figure out what is really worth battling for or what isn't?

Go and enjoy yourself, forget about all the petty stuff!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Can you take your yoga mat with you ? I for one know my day looks totally different when I did yoga and when I didn't. Also, even if I did nothing but plan to do yoga at night, things during the day stop being so heavy because I know I will be in Savasana at one point, with a candle lit remembering who I am and feeling my own heart.

Also remember your breathing exercises and take this as a chance to realize which breathing relaxes technique you the most. or what about when people quack, wonder WHERE you are going to plan your real vacations ? for me I have a treat, that will be 2 weeks in a vegetarian meal, yoga-surf get away in a beach nearby.

You know they say the mind is very powerful and if you imagine yourself in beautiful places and in peace you start believing it and relaxing and feeling it, even if you are not there (...yet). Start planning on arranging some get away for you and only you. Do you think that is possible? I know you are very busy but when exactly do you recharge your batteries?

Remember the Buddha image where he is sitting in contemplation at peace with many demons and evil characters around trying to damage him. And he does not even blink or complain or give them any attention. In fact it is as if they don't even exist and are not in the picture.

Bring your yoga mat and practice your hatha and kundalini!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dad sounds like a peach. A real sweetie. Take the room he built for you and let the boys stay in the other room with the aunt/cousin. It's YOUR vacation; make the most of it, girlie! And let your dad spoil you, by all means!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
part time member

Gotta Love Daddy!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thanks Guys, I think I will but with a watchful eye as he's an A and I stopped talking to him about 4 years ago because he was such a jerk. He feels bad, and has a new wife, so who knows what to expect. No miracles, that's for sure.

My sister and cousin trigger me, but it's not their faults. No ones fault really just that intense FOO stuff. We'll have a blast, it's the build up time before that I'll freak out over.

More yoga, more yoga..