OT-A Business Is Born

Old 08-01-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Heck, she's already asking me if she's a full partner, or just an employee. I'll be working for HER in a few months. Ha!

love that girl!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats and wishing you much success!!!
Peace-
B
Old 08-02-2010, 11:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You have got to write a book about the two of you and your recovery together!!!

I follow your posts and I think of you two often and how amazing I think you are to go through all that you have and how you are growing each and every day raising LMC.
And now this business venture the two of you have and the father/daughter duo that is about to rock Michigan's headlights off, is an amazing chapter in this saga.

All those "newbs" (as you say) who are out there trying to grasp the idea of being a single parent in the world of Al-Anon-ers with an active addict in the picture and their young kids with more questions than answers could read your story till the pages wore out.

I hope you've already begun putting pen to paper on this.

Alice
Old 08-02-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
You have got to write a book about the two of you and your recovery together!!!

I follow your posts and I think of you two often and how amazing I think you are to go through all that you have and how you are growing each and every day raising LMC.
And now this business venture the two of you have and the father/daughter duo that is about to rock Michigan's headlights off, is an amazing chapter in this saga.

All those "newbs" (as you say) who are out there trying to grasp the idea of being a single parent in the world of Al-Anon-ers with an active addict in the picture and their young kids with more questions than answers could read your story till the pages wore out.

I hope you've already begun putting pen to paper on this.

Alice
Aw shucks Alice, you made my eyes well up, thanks.

What a heart warming compliment, I consider my day made!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Spectacular Coyote and LMC!

I read your post about your job and that you were considering doing this business full time. HP really did take care of you on this one! May He make your business THRIVE!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Awakening

Got our first PAYING customer lined up today. Ran into a gal we know from Alanon today in the library, only see her every month or so, as she lives in the next town.

Got a big hug and she asked what was new, that was her first mistake, so I told her. She has a second older car and said she'd noticed the cataracts, said she wanted to be our 1st paying customer. Heck yeah!

Gave her the Alanon discount, she said she'd spread the word, and she knows lots of people! Hot damn.

Coyote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Many times your best customers come by word of mouth! Congratulations!!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Many times your best customers come by word of mouth! Congratulations!!
That's what I was thinking too!!!

We were watching some kid show last night and the teen aged brother was taking the cute baby little sister with him on his 'chicken take out' delivery job, and she was so cute that all his customers began over tipping him.

My "partner" and I are hitting a nice used car lot together this Thursday or Friday and pitch our service, LMC is at least as cute as that baby. Told LMC that's we we're gonna do.

She said, so you're just gonna use me like that?

Pfft, business is business. A smart businessman would be foolish not to use every advantage he had available, right? Ha!

Coyote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I just realized how much I need this myself. What do you charge for this service?

Don't forget to find all the auto detailers and used car lots and offer these services to them, although I imagine a lot of them do it themselves.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
I just realized how much I need this myself. What do you charge for this service?

Don't forget to find all the auto detailers and used car lots and offer these services to them, although I imagine a lot of them do it themselves.
I looked on Craigslist, and the going rate is $20-$70, per auto. I'll be actually resealing them, 2 year warranty vs the other guys going back cloudy in 3-6 mths.

So I'll charge what I can get, start at $50 for whole sale at a car lot, and $70 retail. If not, I can adjust it from there.

Coyote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

She said, so you're just gonna use me like that?

OMG!! That girl has got your number big time Dad. HAHA!

Alice
Old 08-02-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Not sure if the prices you saw were for mobile services but don't forget that gets you extra They call it a convenience fee, right? Maybe you should add a cuteness fee, too. HAHA!

I use a lot of mobile services out where I am because it often costs me more in gas and travel time away from work (at-home) to go to town for services, and the reduced stress is priceless.

Now if I could just find reasonably priced grocery delivery and get doctor visits for me (and not just vet calls for my pets) at home I'd be GOLDEN!

Alice
Old 08-02-2010, 09:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

I am so glad you went with the Headlight Whisperer! That is the best! All the best to you!