Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Yet another chance to "turn loose of the out come". Thanks HP.

Yet another chance to "turn loose of the out come". Thanks HP.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hope you don't mind if I add, Coyote, that it's particularly important that you're home with LMC, not only for damage control after a stay in the toxic environment, but to be there for a little girl whose mother is dying. Even if nobody's told her, she's sure to know. Children are so apt to understand and feel far more, and far more honestly than we know.

Praying for strength and just the right everything's to get through next week, and that the week ends in peace for you and LMC.

HUGGS, TIGG
Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Awakening

Little Update

Well, IT'S HOME! Ha!

So far so good, luckily we had to rush off to an Alanon B-day meeting with eats. Plus her little 5yo friend was there. Several grown ups plus the mom/little girl wanted to attend her birthday dinner Tuesday evening, so looks like a party, yeah. HP's providing for us as usual.

So far I've only had to correct several moments of talking to me like I'm another kid, not too respectful. I don't really put up w/that kind of thing, and I know it's just a test.

On the way to the meeting we had to stop at the store to pick something to take, we had to go into the trunk of the car and she saw my bucket of headlight resto stuff and asked what's that? I said it's for my new business. She said so you don't work at Praxair any more, nope. I explained about what laid off means and explained how we'll be ok money wise and explained how this new job is only a few hours a day and not in Austin. I 'splained the new business to her. She's stoked! It's just the motivation I needed. Business cards will be ordered tonight!

Funny, I was a little worried how she'd take it. Pfft, I worry for nothing, as usual. I'm about 90% better on the whole worry thing.

Talked to a friend at the meet, she and her husband each have their own little businesses and she said they do ok, and ok is ok with me. She thought the headlight deal sounded pretty good.

Life is SOOOO much better when we "Let go and let God (HP)."

So you know what, If the OTHER JOB doesn't call me, I'm pretty ok with that, too.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Could you please elaborate on this some, Coyote21? Provide some details about her behavior or whatever?

See below.

Because my BF has two children who live with their A&A mother and when they come here, I am dumbfounded by the way they speak and the way they behave. I try not to be judgmental (as in all my affairs, with all people) but honestly, I have never experienced children like this before. I THINK it is because they live in a toxic environment with a toxic person, but I cannot say for sure because I do not personally live there. I have my suspicions though.

I think that works on LMC, especially THIS visit. It was probably more toxic than most.

All the literature I read about children whose parents divorce, says to not attribute bad behavior to the other spouse. So, I am confused about this. Can you please share?

I agree, under reasonable circumstances. However nothing reasonable about alcoholism. I believe, even under near perfect circumstances, kids are forced to accept/adapt to different sets of rules etc. and that alone would cause some "adjustment time." IMHO.

I was actually discussing this with some Alaoners and they said the same thing. Also, some added transition period usually takes a couple of days, that pretty much blows the whole weekend visitation. I think divorce and all this back and force stuff, is kinda hard on little kids. The only way they may know to react is to throw a fit.
Sorry it took so long, but I didn't really know what she'd done. Turns out she was disrespectful to her mom who finally sent her to her room and LMC yelled some hateful stuff in anger.

My take, you reap what you sow. But, in reality I think the visit was too long for all involved. Of course this is LMC's side, probably was a little more than that, remember this is the kid who got 911 called on her......ha.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I am glad LMC is back at home safe and sound. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((Coyote))) - so glad ((LMC)) is home. With HER being excited about your new business, I'm more sure, than ever, that it will work out just fine

Hugs and prayers!

Amy