SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Receiving a ping from HIM (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/206122-receiving-ping-him.html)

lulu1974 07-30-2010 05:49 AM

Receiving a ping from HIM

Hi everyone!

A while ago, I blocked my stbxah from my phone and email. I must confess a few weeks ago, after I knew he got served I undid it. I dont know why. I dont hear from him anyways. But I have to figure out why I was curious to see if he did reach out. I think its a way see if he still thinks about me?

This morning I saw a text from him. He texted me a picture of a newborn baby with no message. I didnt reply as I never do. I only recieved one other text from him last month about our taxes and I didnt respond then either. Now of course I am wondering what it is all about. It cant be his. lol. And it was a forward message so he didnt take the picture himself. And I didnt really care if it was. I guess he was pinging me to see if I asked whose it was or any response from me.

Its strange that I wanted to see if he still tries to get in touch with me? Is it a self esteem thing on my part?

Hugs,
Lulu

LexieCat 07-30-2010 06:08 AM

I spent awhile lurking on a forum where one of my ex-es posts just to see if he said anything about me. Finally it sunk in how unhealthy it was for me to do that. If he had said something positive, I'd have gotten all maudlin about how it didn't work out. If he'd said something nasty, I'd have gotten all worked up over that. If he'd said nothing at all (which actually seemed to be the case), I'd be going, "WTF, five years, and it's like I never existed!"

LOL, once it's over, there's really nothing good that can come of unneccessary contact of any kind. Yeah, it might be a bit of a self-esteem issue going on, here. Part of us always wants them to get up one day, realize what FOOLS they have been for letting such a good thing get away, and vow to punish themselves to the end of their days.

posiesperson 07-30-2010 06:12 AM

Lulu,

No mystery with this one, honey, it's a hook. Don't be a fish. :)

Hugs,
posie

coyote21 07-30-2010 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by posiesperson (Post 2665935)
Lulu,

No mystery with this one, honey, it's a hook. Don't be a fish. :)

Hugs,
posie

Oh, and it's not just "a" hook......it's "THE HOOK".

It's the big guns. Very low and despicable, IMHO. He just pushed your BIGGEST button. Uncool.

I would revisit the blockage. It's up to you to protect yourself.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

lulu1974 07-30-2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by coyote21 (Post 2666087)
Oh, and it's not just "a" hook......it's "THE HOOK".

It's the big guns. Very low and despicable, IMHO. He just pushed your BIGGEST button. Uncool.

I would revisit the blockage. It's up to you to protect yourself.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

Yes...you are right. Time to block again...

Hugs
Lulu

TakingCharge999 07-30-2010 09:32 AM

Block and delete are great functions.
After touching the heating stove several times I have learned nothing good comes from that.
"Who cares anyway?" is my motto today.
Energy, this limited precious source, should be placed where it can best serve you. That is from the "Art of War": don't send resources to battlefields where there is nothing to gain.

lulu1974 07-30-2010 09:44 AM

Ok now I am mad. LOL. He knows babies are my soft spot and how much I wanted one. I am glad I didnt have any with him.. I truly am but to send that picture to me was a zinger no matter what he meant by it. Like you guys said...Its the hot stove I dont want to keep touching. BLOCK.

PS. Can I just say I feel like he has a sensor..he tries to get me when I am down and always knows when I am not myself and at my weakest. Today I dont feel well and weird I heard from him. I swear its like a sensor!

theuncertainty 07-30-2010 10:13 AM

Hugs, Lulu. It's funny that you should mention that your ex has a sensor for when you're feeling your weakest. I remember posting a while back that mine has radar for when I get good news and contacts me/does something to completely PO or drag me down. Two sides of the same coin, I think. No matter the situation when they contact us - it doesn't benefit us - it's not meant to benefit us and, in my case at least, I feel it never will. I now have a civil no contact order to help shield me from my STBX (which he has already violated; it took 1.5 days for him to do it - what an idiot... Info relayed to my lawyer, we'll see what happens now.)

Paintbaby 07-30-2010 09:55 PM

Babies are great, Lulu! And thankfully, he isn't the only dude on earth with sperm to spare. So yeah---awesome--babies! And one day, you'll have one--with someone healthy and truly loving. What he fails to realize is that he is not the ONLY dude you can make a baby with, although I'm sure he'd like you to think so. So consider that picture of that baby to be a reminder to you that any baby you DO eventually have deserves a healthy home with healthy parents--not a stressed mother and quacking, alcoholic father..

Jadmack25 07-30-2010 10:19 PM

He didn't send a ping....he sent a pong, and did it ever stink!

Only way to handle this is dump it and feel sorry for the miserable creep who sent it.

Now what lovely caring and luscious little treat do you have planned for YOU, Lu?

God bless