Finally, my student loan money was disbursed...

Old 07-29-2010, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally, my student loan money was disbursed...

For the first time in a long time, I can pay all my bills by myself, and Dad doesn't have to carry that burden anymore.

If I live frugally, I've got enough to last me about 9 months, according to the budget I figured up.

I'm trying hard to remain positive I will find a job within the next few months.

My fall semester load is very light, only 9 hours, so I could work and do school at the same time.

I have a new disability hearing September 22, and will be meeting with my new attorney. She had asked me if I thought I could work a 'desk' job as a coder in a business, and I told her I had no idea because 99% of my work at the local hospital last year was doing filing, and that exacerbated every aspect of my degenerative disc disease. I had to start on two new meds because of the pain from that job.

I want so badly to do coding from home, but all of the reputable companies who have benefits require you have 3 years in the field.

At home I can take frequent breaks, do stretching exercises, and put an ice pack on my lower back when the pain is bad.

I really hesitated to take out student loans, but the guilt of Dad footing my bills was just killing me. I feel so much better about paying them myself now.

Amber's ABF is going to come over and put in two more ceiling fans for me. I have one one in every room except the kitchen, and I need a second one in the living room because it's a long room and one fan at one end isn't cutting it. I know my landlord will knock off of rent for the fans and labor. My ex-fiance had installed all the ceiling fans in '98.

I'm looking forward to getting things done around the house, and will be painting the interior myself before fall semester. It will be like a fresh start.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Congratulations!!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Dev, that's all great news!!!

Keep that positive attitude on the job hunt. It will really make a difference.

You were doing transcription at one point at the old job. Have you considered testing for an at-home position with that to generate some money at home? You've certainly got the schooling to handle the work. I'm an at-home MT full time and love it.

If can help with any info, I'm happy to do it.

Alice
Old 07-29-2010, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One more reason to bust a groove

Old 07-29-2010, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Delighted for you, with the finances and also that you aren't trying to break some record for study. Now I hit the prayer for employment for you, that takes in consideration of your physical needs, and gives you both satisfaction and money.

God bless