Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Calgon, take me away!

I'm going to sit outside with the dogs for a bit and take deep breaths.

I'm so frigging bunged up it isn't even funny!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers and a hug from here, Freedom. School work driving you crazy?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what's up
Old 07-26-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Freedom, You OK????? If you need to vent, I'm here to listen. Step back and think before you react. Going out with the dogs is a great idea. They are the best friends in the world. I love dogs. They give unconditional love.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

:ghug3
Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Move over, 'cause I'm sitting on the step next to you.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Move over, 'cause I'm sitting on the step next to you.
LOL Sorry for laughing, but Still Waters, your avatar just put me in stiches. I hope you and Freedom both have a better evening. I don't know what's troubling you guys, but I have to say, I know the feeling well.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Okay, I went outside and sat for a bit, with my feet in the dogs' wading pool after I dumped it and filled it with fresh water. I love to play in water. I decided to hose off my two concrete steps and small slab while I was out there.

Amber showed up today to see if she could put her motorcycle in my garage for a couple of days. She had been storing it in a friend's garage, but he's getting ready to move. So, I said yes with the understanding it was very short-term.

I had to back my car out of the driveway (it's dirt) so she could pull into the garage.

She traded up for a 650 Jap bike, way too much for her, and when she tried to angle off the street into the driveway, over she and the bike went.

The first thing I did was put my emergency brake on, jump out of the car and find out if she was okay.

She was.

We couldn't lift the bike. I hate Japanese bikes because they are top heavy. I could pick my Sporty up because Harleys are bottom heavy, kind of like a weeble.

I didn't realize her ABF was sitting in her truck past the driveway, damned cellphone to his ear and not paying attention.

She goes over and taps on the window to let him know we need help.

He stomps out of the truck, madder than a hornet's nest, it's "f-ing" this and "f-ing" that. He says she didn't need to 'beat' on the window, which she didn't. I was right there.

He gets the bike picked up by himself, and she had broken her brake lever off. He gets on it to try and roll it into the garage. He's short, not much taller than her, and he can't get it moving forward because it's on the back end of a little hill off the driveway.

Mind you, I'm standing there in my sleep shirt, barefoot, and I started pushing the back of the bike until he was rolling down the driveway with enough momentum to get it in the garage.

He's p*ssing and moaning about something all the way back to the truck, being an a$$ to her, and gets back in the truck.

I don't like him, didn't when I met him, never will. However I am polite to him because I love my daughter.

He's been nothing but polite when he's been around me, which isn't often.

It's one thing to stay detached from what goes on where they live, but this was the first time I saw the a$$hole in him, and it irked me to no end.

Amber came back in the house to visit with me, and I asked her what crawled up his butt and died?

He's upset she has a motorcycle and he doesn't.

Grow up.

He's been upset over her truck she bought with her trust fund because it's a much nicer truck than his.

Grow up.

It pains me to see her with an alcoholic.

This was the coup de grace of my day because tomorrow is the last day of two of my classes, I have a huge final to study for, and 7 case studies to complete for my Health Records Apps class.

I wasn't taking enough breaks during the day, my pain level ramped up and me being the pighead I am, I do not take a pain pill till it's bad. Ugh.

I need a hug!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((((Devon)))))))
Old 07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Big hugs Freedom You'll get past this too.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Jeez, you sure do need a hug... here's mine ((HUG)))
Old 07-26-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tuck this one away. Be there for her when she has had enough.

Remember how hard it is to see what is going on when you are in the middle of it. You removed yourself from those bad situations. She has seen you do that. She is young and learning.

I hate to see that stuff too. I work in a place with sick people. The caregivers are often more sick than the patients. They suffer from anxiety, depression, and rage. Often times they cannot see what is right in front of their faces. It is painful to watch, but the medical staff are good about gentley talking with the caregivers and understanding that they are not ready yet to change. It is a gradual process.

Hugs to you
Old 07-26-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

:ghug3 How old is your daughters boyfriend? Sounds like he is 17. Good luck tomorrow on your tests and studies. I know you will do really well.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh Freedom

Did you opt out of the vaccine that keeps them young and innocent?

Mine are 13, 11 and 9 and that's where they are staying D*MN IT!!

Hug to you
Old 07-26-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
:ghug3 How old is your daughters boyfriend? Sounds like he is 17. Good luck tomorrow on your tests and studies. I know you will do really well.
He just turned 29 this summer.

He was grown up enough to join the army, and serve in Iraq.

I've got to keep remembering he's an alcoholic, and any and all 'norms' don't apply to him.

ChrrisT, they grow up way too fast! Seems just yesterday I was powdering her baby butt and watching her sleep in her crib.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Prayers and hugs coming to you of course, but sending a stress kit for you as well.

God bless

Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

We don't get to keep them, God only gives them to us to borrow for a bit...
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Jadmack!

I need one of those dammit dolls. They had one at my old doctor's office. It's just a soft stuffed facsimile of a person, and you're supposed to whack your desk with it over and over while saying dammit till you get it out of your system!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
He just turned 29 this summer.

He was grown up enough to join the army, and serve in Iraq.

I've got to keep remembering he's an alcoholic, and any and all 'norms' don't apply to him.

ChrrisT, they grow up way too fast! Seems just yesterday I was powdering her baby butt and watching her sleep in her crib.

29 going on 2. Maybe she will get lucky and he will slip off of the back of her bike one day and disappear. LOL. I don't mean die. I'm not evil. Just disappear would be good. Yeah, when alcohol is involved your definitely not dealing with a normal brain.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
29 going on 2. Maybe she will get lucky and he will slip off of the back of her bike one day and disappear. LOL. I don't mean die. I'm not evil. Just disappear would be good. Yeah, when alcohol is involved your definitely not dealing with a normal brain.
He wouldn't be caught dead on the back of her bike. He's too much of a manly man.

Good Lord while we were all sitting at the rodeo watching the bullriding at the end, he kept saying that's what he wants to do. Pulleeez!

Considering he's got two blown out knees from Iraq, I'd guess that won't be in his future. Besides, that would cut into his drinking time. Bah!