Hope floats

Old 10-16-2003, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hope floats

I have been going through a period of hopelessness in my life lately. So tonight, I said a prayer for myself and for everyone else who needs hope. I thought of all of you folks here, because we all go through our periods of wondering whether we will ever feel hopeful again. And I thought of all of the alcoholics and addicts in our lives, because I know that they often times wonder if there is any hope for them as well. So let's all believe that hope really does float. And let's all believe that our collective soul can pray that hope will always win out over the darkness that sometimes comes to call in our lives.
Keeping the faith and...
Peace,
Gabe
Old 10-16-2003, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for sharing that, Gabe. It was just what I needed to read tonight.

Windy...aka...sarah
Old 10-16-2003, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Gabe! How are you doing? Anything popping up for you? I'm still working on my search for a job, and I think about you often. I *hope* good things will open up for you very soon.

My very favorite quote....."Everything is in devine and perfect order~~~right now." I've had to say that over again and again these days!

Here's to our future! (hear the clink of champange glasses) We'll create great opportunities for ourselves very, very soon! (with HP's help, of course!)

Take care of yourself.

sarah
Old 10-17-2003, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((((( Gabe! ))))))))

(and Amen!)
Smoke
Old 10-17-2003, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Word to my friends

Windy...glad that worked for you. Let's keep the faith, shall we?

Sarah, you are an inspiration to me these days. Thank you for all of your positive words. I don't think we can drink champagne here...but I will gladly meet you somewhere else to toast our good fortune when it comes along. I can't wait for that "clink" sound.
"Everything is in divine and perfect order right now."
Wow, I guess that goes hand-in-hand with the idea of accepting God's will, whatever it is. Oh...the hard stuff is so...well...hard. Thank you for the boost when I needed it the most.

Smoke, thanks for the hug. I have a guided imagery tape by Belle Ruth Naperstack that speaks of imagining " every prayer and good wish" that has come my way and seeing them as a warm blanket of goodness that surrounds me. That is exactly what I do when good wishes, prayers and cyber-hugs come my way.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 10-18-2003, 04:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi Gabe

You are one inspiring person!! There are times when I feel that hopelessness and I try to pick myself up and turn it around. I think we all should say a prayer like you did. I know I will.

Sending you a ton of hugs.

Love,
Debbie