Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Public Service Announcement for the Newbies--THIS is what quacking looks like.

Public Service Announcement for the Newbies--THIS is what quacking looks like.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW - If quacking was an olympic sport this would qualify for a medal. Thanks for posting!
Old 07-25-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paintbaby View Post
Quacking just gives them an outlet to assuage any sort of mild anxiety they may be feeling at the loss of a codie partner, since to them , they ARE making an EFFORT here, geez--LOOK HOW I'M POURING MY HEART OUT TO YOU! But when you get right down to it---quacking is ALL they think they have to do to get us back. They just think we're that easy. LEt that sink in for a minute.
First off, this is fabulous and should be stickied, in my opinion.

I don't think it is vanity on my AH's part. I think he cares deeply and believes himself full tilt. He has to to keep the denial running. I think it DOES give him an outlet to assuage anxiety/guilt.
My AH is full of tortured, sweet, earnest comments about how he is "right here" and "doing everything I want".
I keep saying I don't have actions to go on, so his word doesn't mean much.

He says I am cruel and just want out, but I keep telling myself I am sane and I am getting more of the same.

As I stick to my guns, I am getting more admittal of the extent of the drinking, but full assurance he can handle it without outside anything.

He compared over drinking in the past to other minor mistakes that can be quickly rectified.
LOL! Did you forget your mom is in recovery?? That alcoholism isn't minor?
"I AM NOT MY MOM! I can totally handle this!"
Yep. There's that terminal uniqueness again. (sigh)
So, quack quack quack.
He can't help himself, I look like the bad guy (to him) and on we go.
It gets easier with time to see it more clearly, doesn't it?
Peace
Old 07-25-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Two alcoholics having a conversation in the yard.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
OSSSU!

Everyone following along? :

Declaration of love and how much he misses me right off the bat--check!

Emotional manipulation---check!

Self-centredness(I,I,I,I,)--checkity-check-check!
ZERO plan to work a program----check!
Collossal arrogance in assuming I still care---check!
Usually done while drunk(as evidenced by the rambling style, and gross misuse of punctuation and the english language)---check!
HAHAHA....I get this crap as well....and BABE...BABE....BABE.....BABE....

I think mine is over for good now, though....Thank God!
Old 07-25-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
OSSSU!

Awwww, thanks kids! I love you guys!
Just trying to share the humor! This stuff is pure gold--the arrogance, the disconnect--it's quite astounding, really. But I gotta say--it sure is nice to SEE the humor, instead of taking it as sincere, and getting sucked back in for Round 2.(or Round 576--YMMV). But isn't it sweet? He misses the tarragon! Ahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!
Right? It's so hard to believe that we have fallen for this crap so many times.

It's like a breath of fresh air to read the crap they spew and get a good laugh.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Paintbaby... you have found your calling! Perhaps you could open your own shop.... "Decoders Anonymous"

Love... love... love your ciphering skills!

Beverly Hillbillies.... Jethro had mad ciphering skills. Jethro got that "advanced 3rd grade education", and would impress Uncle Jed and the Clampett family with his intellect by displaying his "ciphering" abilities!

Uncle Jed: (to Jethro) "Boy, show Mr. Drysdale how smart you are, do some ciphering for us."

Jethro: (enthuisatically) "Sure Uncle Jed! Do you want me to do some times or gosintas?"

Jed: "Oh, I dunno, lets do some gosintas"

Jethro: (enthuisatically) " 2 gosinta 6... 3 times." "3 gosinta 9... 3 times." "4 gosinta 8... 2 times!"

Jed: Weeeeee Doggieeee!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I referred to that, when at his rehab center and later in counseling as "bloviating".

To speak or write at length in a pompous or boastful manner.
I can't claim it thought, I got it from his Mom. That's what she said he always did. She was right on the money.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

This is interesting. I feel like my A is doing the same thing, but taking the opposite approach, attempting to cut down my self esteem to achieve the same end result.

Thanks for this.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Love this thread.
Here's my contribution to Quackers Incorporated.

God bless
Old 07-25-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Love it, Jadmack! That picture says it all. I'm also of the opinion that the discourse from a quacker's butt is far more intelligent and "heartfelt" than what actually spews out of their mouths.... but when you come right down to it, both are merely all "hot air", and no substance.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
OSSSU!

Is it common for them to go the opposite direction if they are not getting the response they expect? Because mine went from professing his love.....To bashing just about everything to do with me.

I am boring, have no life, and my friends are crazy....blah, blah, blah.

Ohhhh, and lets not forget that he has some woman calling him....(yup, because I'm so sure he doesn't call her) HAHA.....he is a phone ADDICT...Yes, he went on to say that this woman calls him while she is out with her boyfriend....WHOA!!! Now, there's a keeper if ever I've seen one.

I really hate that he IS out having a great time, running a muck, CERTAINLY not thinking of me ........and I'm just BLAH....Call me the Sullen girl.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:24 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I think it could be common for the A to do an about- face, Mataleao, but my STBXAH hasn't hit that stage yet! I'm sure once he realizes his words are not having the intended effect, he'll have a bit of a hissy fit and start slinging mud. I won't respond to those emails, either.

Re: your alcoholic ex--Well, he could be out having a "great" time--as great a time as an alcoholic can have, I suppose. But how great can that be, really? Be glad his focus is off you. That is just bad energy you really don't want to have directed at you. And now YOUR energy is free to go toward YOU and YOUR life, where it belongs--not being used up in service to an emotionally-depleting alcoholic.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Yeah, this thread really does need to be stickied!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Originally Posted by Mataleao View Post
Is it common for them to go the opposite direction if they are not getting the response they expect? Because mine went from professing his love.....To bashing just about everything to do with me.

I am boring, have no life, and my friends are crazy....blah, blah, blah.

Ohhhh, and lets not forget that he has some woman calling him....(yup, because I'm so sure he doesn't call her) HAHA.....he is a phone ADDICT...Yes, he went on to say that this woman calls him while she is out with her boyfriend....WHOA!!! Now, there's a keeper if ever I've seen one.

I really hate that he IS out having a great time, running a muck, CERTAINLY not thinking of me ........and I'm just BLAH....Call me the Sullen girl.
Just consider that anything coming from his mouth is coming from someone who is insane. It won't make any sense, it can't make any sense.

My AH tells more lies than truths when he speaks. I'm not sure he knows what the truth IS.

Just don't allow them to take up real estate in your mind, you have better things to do with your time.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I love this thread--all the humor--but the harsh reality of it too. I really had a hard time decoding quacking at first. Now, thanks to all of you, I know it when I hear and now I have so many fine visuals to incorporate into my thoughts when stbxah starts it up that it will be easy to tune out and just smile.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks for showing the intense drama that WAS you life.. .now if u want to hear this kind of BS u can watch a Lifetime movie instead (easier to change that channel!) Loved the rambling pomposity, you just don't see that kind of ego everyday!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

The platter for a "Whine and Cheese" night for Codies, perhaps?

God bless
Old 07-27-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

LOL Jadmack!!!!!!! OMG, cleaning up the coffee I was just taking a nice big sip of...

posie
Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
The platter for a "Whine and Cheese" night for Codies, perhaps?

God bless
:rotfxko......:rotfxko.......

I can't stop laughing.... somebody get me off the floor!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
Such a great post!! I hope it all bites him in the arse :0 )

I needed that LOL