Been checked out for a while

Old 07-22-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been checked out for a while

...because I let myself get sucked back in. Not face-to-face. But emotionally...through letting myself read his texts, letting myself talk to him on the phone about his steps to recovery, about his current gf and how miserable he was and how he was ending the relationship, how he misses me and wants the life that the people he's met in AA have, and how he knows he and I can have that life. Then he told me that he had moved the gf out, and how it was over with her. That was three days ago, and then...last night she spent the night there...I saw her leaving this morning. It was a huge kick in the stomach. Why do I believe the lies?

I did it to myself. I let myself go to that fantasy place for a few days...in my head, you know...the place where all the dreams come true. Where all the promises they make are real and not just huge empty lies. I feel used again, but I let myself be used. It's my own fault.

I feel like I'm back in that hole again and have to start clawing my way out again. I wonder where the strength is going to come from.

I wonder if I should bother starting Alanon, although I know what you will all tell me. I have been wanting to go to a meeting. Now I wonder if going will just keep me wrapped up in thoughts of him. I want to let go of him completely. I understand that Alanon is about my OWN recovery, learning how to deal with the addiction I have to a sick man, so that I can find my own happiness. I feel like I had done SO well, and then I broke no contact and things collapsed.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I feel like I'm back in that hole again and have to start clawing my way out again. I wonder where the strength is going to come from.
Al-Anon is like a bunch of stones, each stuck into the side of the deep hole you keep digging for yourself. Stones you can grip, get ahold of, put your foot on, like steps to help you climb out. The strength comes from the group, not just from within you. You borrow strength from the group and together you walk out.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Time to go back to the no contact plan. Delete everything you have from him and block him from your phone and email. He is a liar and you deserve more than the crumbs he tosses to you.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sounds like he's playing both fields. wants to ditch the girlfriend but won't unless you take him back. mine did the same. it messed with my mind.

i'll agree with anvil. consider revisiting "no contact" and get your peace back.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You made a mistake, you faltered a little. Get back up on that horse GIRL!!!

Don't beat yourself up, your human.

Unlike him - you have a heart that is capable of love and all kinds of feelings.

Don't waste another minute on this dips**T.

You wanna give him that control? - TAKE IT BACK! (said with love
Old 07-22-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have blocked him from my phone. I hadn't done that before and it feels like a big step.

I wish he'd move away from here, but that is something I have no control over so I have to learn to live with the fact that I will see him since he lives 1/2 block away. I just have to learn how to not let it affect me.

Yes, Naive, he was playing both fields. I'm certain that he realized that I wasn't going back to him after he moved the gf out...I told him that we both had too much work to do before anything would ever work for us. I told him that I was a woman, not a puppy dog on a chain, and that I deserved to be treated with respect and treated well. Three days later she was back in his bed.

Anvil and L2L, I found a newcomers Alanon meeting for Tuesday next week. It's on my calendar and I asked a friend to hold me accountable. Scared, but feeling like it's the right thing to do.

I hope this last wake up call will be the final nail in the coffin for this relationship. I want it to end, but more than that I want to completely get myself back. Before him, I had found true peace after a divorce from XAH. I even dated great guys...somehow I chose to send them packing, and then latched on to XABF. I want to learn how to never let this happen again.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Scared, but feeling like it's the right thing to do.
Good for you! Feel the fear girl, and do it ANYWAY. You walk right in there and show those people what you need (when you are ready to do this, that is). Me personally, first couple times I went to Al-Anon, I musta' gone through a box of Kleenex each time. And I think it took till the third or fourth meeting till I even SAID anything! LOL
Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I finally worked up the courage to go to an Al-Anon meeting tonight and then found out the time posted online was wrong. The meeting was at noon today. Another week of waiting...ugh...

I ordered Chinese take-out instead. Enjoying some Mongolian beef and pineapple shrimp right now, but I'd rather be headed to a meeting.

At least you are all here. Today was hard -- my head played fantasy vs. reality all day. I can't WAIT until that game stops.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Girl I am right there with you. Got sucked in. Got kicked in the gut. Ordered Chinese. Firmed up my resolve.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Healing, that's great you went, it sucks that it was the wrong time. At least you're on the right path! And if I may, is there any way you can find the gratitude for seeing that gf? Because what if you hadn't?!?!

I am also licking wounds right now and trying to find gratitude. SR is so great! Al Anon is too.

Hugs

Soph