Slightly Off-topic

Old 07-22-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slightly Off-topic

So I have a question....do you have anyone in your life that exhibits the same behaviours as an addict? The manipulation, lying, selfishness etc...Does your family react the same way?? You know, when you start labeling certain behaviours of family as enabling, and this person is not an addict (at least not one that has a step group).

I know I've got one in my family...and maybe it's just all this exposure to the addicts and recovery, but oh man, I am seeing the circle all over again. I have even felt myself going down the codie road in the past with her...luckily I've been able to stop.

It's just really frustrating...I want to kick her in the head so bad haha. It's not like it's a "disease" it's called being ******* lazy. ARGH!

Anyways, haha, can anyone else relate?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My stbxah's mother is just like him. She is not an addict, but boy is she everything you listed. She manipuates, lies, put on the guilt trip, enables, co dependant... do I need to go on, lol.I see where he gets alot of the behavior, then add perscription drug addiction and alcoholism to the mix, and you know what it's like.