Diagnosis is benign

Old 07-16-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Diagnosis is benign

So how much you wanna bet he goes out and celebrates with a few vodkas?

No need to worry about health insurance issues anymore. . .although after reading through everything on that thread I did not know if letting him stay on my insurance would be codependent or just the right thing to do (not sure it would have been compassion). It was a great thread because it made me think of things I had not considered before and that allowing him to remain on my policy would NOT be a good idea.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a relief, in more ways then one!

Enjoy the weekend!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Even though it is encouraged to let addicts suffer those consequences of their addictions to get them closer to bottom, no one really wants to see anyone suffer, not with cancer.

Those negative test results are a blessing for him and for you. Now you can proceed with the divorce knowing you faced down the question of keeping him on the insurance and your answer was received.

It really is how we cope with things isn't? You figured he would drink if it was positive and then figured he would drink now that it's negative. You, however, have a healthier set of coping tools. Bravo!

Best wishes to you!

Alice
Old 07-16-2010, 12:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes anvil it did resolve itself--there was nothing I could do to change what happened (or will happen) except when it comes to me and how I live my life.

But I will admit to being relieved-sort of like dodging a bullet. I am sure many more bullets may be tossed at me throughout life and I think I am learning to either stay out of the crossfire or duck.