Blogs


Notices

Something strange happened today...

Old 07-15-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 26
Something strange happened today...

Well, I don't have all the details on this, but I must say my curiosity has been piqued!

I was at work this afternoon and I noticed I missed a call. I'm not really allowed to take personal calls at work, so I just decided to check on it later.

Anyway, I called the number back and got a recording to leave a message. The place that had called me was a counseling practice. I looked up the number an it turns out this person's specialty is substance abuse.

Now, I recently was broken up with by my ragf/agf. I am wondering if this call has to do with her. Aside from the possibility of it being a wrong number, it is the only explanation.

This is going to bug me until I find out the truth. My ex didn't call me or say anything about involving me in counseling.
TheSeeker is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 09:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 74
Blog Entries: 1
I hope for her sake that it means she is interested in counseling.
HanahGoodness is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,059
hi seeker-

feels best to put it out of your mind. you split up with her.

put the focus back on YOU.

i understand that you are not indifferent to her recovery, but for now, best to not expend all that energy on HER life and what she's doing.

naive
naive is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naive For This Useful Post:
bookwyrm (07-16-2010), Daisy30 (07-15-2010), freefalling (07-16-2010)
Old 07-15-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by naive View Post
hi seeker-

feels best to put it out of your mind. you split up with her.

put the focus back on YOU.

i understand that you are not indifferent to her recovery, but for now, best to not expend all that energy on HER life and what she's doing.

naive
Yeah, I know what you mean. However, I really have not expended a lot of energy on it. I have been working on self-improvement by re-dedicating myself to my weight lifting routine and getting plenty of support from my friends and family. I also started a new job after having been unemployed, although also a full time student, for a period of time. I am already making new friends there while learning the job, so it's been a good experience thusfar.

I am not going to lie and say that I don't think about my ex daily. Even though we are no longer together, I really care for her a lot and want her to get to a healthy place.
TheSeeker is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,103
Hi Seeker,

I feel the same about my ex. I think about him daily-the good stuff, as well as the bad. I too still feel like I care about him. But I'm wary of getting sucked in again to his false promises and manipulations.

I don't know what that counseling thing is all about, but unless she is has admitted her disease and is in SOME type of program, I'd take anything she says w/ a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. However, I really have not expended a lot of energy on it. I have been working on self-improvement by re-dedicating myself to my weight lifting routine and getting plenty of support from my friends and family. I also started a new job after having been unemployed, although also a full time student, for a period of time. I am already making new friends there while learning the job, so it's been a good experience thusfar.

I am not going to lie and say that I don't think about my ex daily. Even though we are no longer together, I really care for her a lot and want her to get to a healthy place.
sandrawg is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 26
Wow...wrong number. Gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed, but whatever.
TheSeeker is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Member
 
Shellcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 821
Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Wow...wrong number. Gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed, but whatever.
Hugh.
So are you disappointed that it wasn't a rehab center related to your ex or disappointed that you put a lot of energy into something that was nothing?

Kinda that whole stinkin thinkin thing.
Shellcrusher is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 PM.