Something strange happened today...

Old 07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something strange happened today...

Well, I don't have all the details on this, but I must say my curiosity has been piqued!

I was at work this afternoon and I noticed I missed a call. I'm not really allowed to take personal calls at work, so I just decided to check on it later.

Anyway, I called the number back and got a recording to leave a message. The place that had called me was a counseling practice. I looked up the number an it turns out this person's specialty is substance abuse.

Now, I recently was broken up with by my ragf/agf. I am wondering if this call has to do with her. Aside from the possibility of it being a wrong number, it is the only explanation.

This is going to bug me until I find out the truth. My ex didn't call me or say anything about involving me in counseling.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope for her sake that it means she is interested in counseling.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi seeker-

feels best to put it out of your mind. you split up with her.

put the focus back on YOU.

i understand that you are not indifferent to her recovery, but for now, best to not expend all that energy on HER life and what she's doing.

naive
Old 07-15-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by naive View Post
hi seeker-

feels best to put it out of your mind. you split up with her.

put the focus back on YOU.

i understand that you are not indifferent to her recovery, but for now, best to not expend all that energy on HER life and what she's doing.

naive
Yeah, I know what you mean. However, I really have not expended a lot of energy on it. I have been working on self-improvement by re-dedicating myself to my weight lifting routine and getting plenty of support from my friends and family. I also started a new job after having been unemployed, although also a full time student, for a period of time. I am already making new friends there while learning the job, so it's been a good experience thusfar.

I am not going to lie and say that I don't think about my ex daily. Even though we are no longer together, I really care for her a lot and want her to get to a healthy place.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Seeker,

I feel the same about my ex. I think about him daily-the good stuff, as well as the bad. I too still feel like I care about him. But I'm wary of getting sucked in again to his false promises and manipulations.

I don't know what that counseling thing is all about, but unless she is has admitted her disease and is in SOME type of program, I'd take anything she says w/ a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. However, I really have not expended a lot of energy on it. I have been working on self-improvement by re-dedicating myself to my weight lifting routine and getting plenty of support from my friends and family. I also started a new job after having been unemployed, although also a full time student, for a period of time. I am already making new friends there while learning the job, so it's been a good experience thusfar.

I am not going to lie and say that I don't think about my ex daily. Even though we are no longer together, I really care for her a lot and want her to get to a healthy place.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow...wrong number. Gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed, but whatever.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Wow...wrong number. Gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed, but whatever.
Hugh.
So are you disappointed that it wasn't a rehab center related to your ex or disappointed that you put a lot of energy into something that was nothing?

Kinda that whole stinkin thinkin thing.