SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   My son died (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/205147-my-son-died.html)

SoHurt 07-15-2010 07:28 AM

My son died

My 27 year old son died 2 weeks ago of alcoholic liver disease and I am not coping. I have been a lurker on these boards for a long long time but never registered until today. My heart is breaking and I want him back, I want to pick up the phone and talk to him and I want to wake from this nightmare.

Sorry.

Kittyboo 07-15-2010 07:31 AM

SoHurt, I am so so sorry for your loss. May you find peace and comfort during this very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kitty

Evey2010 07-15-2010 07:35 AM

Yikes... so sorry to hear of your pain and your loss.

Learn2Live 07-15-2010 07:39 AM

I am so sorry SoHurt for your loss. I wish I could say something to make you feel a little better today. Hugs: :grouphug:

Thumper 07-15-2010 07:40 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you at such a difficult time.

Jenny1232 07-15-2010 07:45 AM

I can only say I'm sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you... :(

chicory 07-15-2010 07:54 AM

Dear SoHurt,
I am so very sorry. I know your heart is breaking. You have come to a good place for understanding and hopefully some comfort.
We are here for you. You will be in my prayers today. (((hug)))

Marie_A 07-15-2010 08:02 AM

I am so so sorry for your loss.

You are in my thoughts. :grouphug:

Pelican 07-15-2010 08:05 AM

:grouphug:

I am sorry for your loss.

Please let us know how we can help you during this difficult time.

justsomegirl 07-15-2010 08:06 AM

What a tragedy. I am so sorry this has happened to you and your Family. I couldnt even begin to understand the pain you are feeling. Take care of yourself.

hopeful4 07-15-2010 08:13 AM

My heart hurts for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You were right to register and post here. You will get the support you need, and a place to just get it all out. Ramble on when you need to, look for support when you need to, cry when you need to, just keep coming back.

I wish you peace in your life. I hope you have a good support system where you live?? It's not too late to go to Alanon as you must still have alot of feelings that have to come out.

Good luck on your recovery journey and God Bless. Remember to keep posting and lean on others for support when you need it, that is what we are here for--each other!

Nicky

nodaybut2day 07-15-2010 08:31 AM

You are in my prayers Sohurt. I wish you some peace today.

SoHurt 07-15-2010 08:39 AM

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. I am sure I will eventually take up the invitation to "ramble on". I have been trying to be too strong/brave over the last couple of weeks but today I have been in tears all day and I am feeling so low. It is really comforting knowing that there are people here who understand - thank you all so much just for being there xx

Learn2Live 07-15-2010 08:46 AM

SoHurt, I agree with what hopeful4 said above: I recommend Al-Anon. There you will find real, live, caring people who can provide you with an incredible amount of understanding and support during this time. At Al-Anon you will likely meet people who have experienced exactly what you are experiencing right now, who can provide a real strength to lean on.

HealingWillCome 07-15-2010 09:07 AM

I am terribly sorry for your pain. I am saying prayers for you that you find comfort, peace, and strength when you need it most.

Jazzman 07-15-2010 09:39 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and hope you can find peace.

BBD 07-15-2010 09:57 AM

Hi Sohurt, My heart breaks for you. Its a horrible way to loose a child and the greiving process has to be the hardest. Its early on so you go right ahead and hurt, miss him and get all those tears out. But realize one thing~~there was probably nothing you could have done to change a thing. There have been many posts lately from moms that have lost a loved one so stick around and you will get alot of support....Hugs to you, Bonnie

MovingForward 07-15-2010 09:58 AM

:grouphug: I'm so sorry for your loss. God Bless you and your family.

roxiestone 07-15-2010 09:59 AM

Sohurt, I am so sorry for your loss.

Mataleao 07-15-2010 10:03 AM

Sorry for the loss of your young son.
Prayers of strength go out to you.