My son died

Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

27 years old -- so very young. My heart breaks for you but I'm glad you've posted. Perhaps in sharing your pain and loss you may inspire other young ones who are struggling to get sober.

I am praying for you. ((((Hugs))))
Old 07-15-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Sending you hugs and my heartfelt condolences. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sohurt,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to understand the pain you must feel. I hope you'll keep coming back here and keep searching for ways to cope with your grief.
I've never been in your situation, but I think it is a good thing you're been crying today. You're relasing some of your pain. I guess all kind of days, the ones in which you're be more or less brave stand in front of you, and I wish you strenght through this hardship.
I hope you'll keep writing your sadness, your pain, your anger here for us, and we'll do our best to help you get through it.
You are in my thoughts
Old 07-15-2010, 11:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sohurt, I am soooo sorry. I hate this disease and what it does to people. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. Please take care of yourself.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please continue to come to the board - there are many caring people here who understand your pain.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

SoHurt, I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you strength and comfort.
Hugs and prayers.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing your child to this horrible disease-I cannot imagine your pain. Prayers and hugs. Let others be strong and brave for you. Post here and let others give you shoulders when you need them.
I hope you find some peace today.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

SoHurt,

I'm so, so sorry. Of course you miss him so much...there are no words for that kind of grief.

My heart goes out to you. May his life bring you blessings, even though he is not here in physical form. Sending you light...

Hugs, hugs, hugs,
posie
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I'm so sorry.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sending my positive energy your way.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

(((SoHurt))) - I, too, am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved son. Please know that when you are ready to "talk", we will be here to listen and offer support. I will say prayers for you and all who loved your son.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-15-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

SoHurt,

You are in my prayers this week. Your post shows your sorrow, but it also shows your hope that you are able to pick up and move beyond the sadness. By reaching out to others, you are exhibiting healthy behavior. There is a world out there that can embrace and encourage you. Take advantage of it, and keep posting here. It will help your healing begin.

Hugs to you!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
I'm growing

I am very sorry we are here for you
Old 07-15-2010, 09:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Unhappy My son died...

SoHurt,

My heart & soul ache for you. I know some of what you are going through. I have a son 40 years old & in 2002 he drove his truck over a cliff while drunk and is a quadriplegic now.

It has been 8 years of hospitals, surgeries, VA Hospital stays, & now he is in an Adult Family Home for Special Care. I was an alcoholic while he was growing up so he learned a lot about how to drink from me.

I got sober while he was in the Navy & he came to me a lot for help & answers to his questions. He also had depression but somehow the treatment
& counseling sessions just didn't work for him.

I wish I could be there to give you a big hug & lots of support. I have no tears left. I haven't been able to cry about my son...I feel so sad after I go visit him. He isn't a talker to just be talking but we do talk on the phone. He has two sons, one is 18 & graduated from highschool this year. His other son has two years until he graduates. They go see him & stay the weekend with him once in a while. He is about 100 miles from where we all live.

It is very good for you to let your emotions out...to even yell or scream if you feel the need. It is heart wrenching to lose a child...they are always our child no matter whether they are new born or 50 years old.

I use the Serenity Prayer in times like this to help me know what can't be changed and what can be changed. I have found that I can work on my emotional responses to the things that cannot be changed rather than hold all of them inside of me. That has been a big help for me.

Bless you & keep yourself safe & comfortable as you can. Please keep coming
back to SoberRecovery where we can give you support.

kelsh
Old 07-15-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am so sorry for your tragic loss....
Old 07-15-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

From one mom of an addict to another.. I am so sorry..it's our worst fear
Old 07-15-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry, sohurt. The pain is unbearable. Please keep coming here and reaching out.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your precious son. No words are ever adequate, but I hope you feel some comfort from the sentiments they express. I wish for peace for you, your son & everyone who loved him.

Helen
Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

We are here for you SoHurt. Wherever you are I am sending prayers your way. May you find peace and consolation. May God protect you. May you remember he is now in a world without suffering. May you remember the love you shared hasn't gone anywhere. Hugs SoHurt.. I am thinking of you.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
oln

Im so very very sorry! xxx