I've gotten myself a bit lost

Old 07-11-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've gotten myself a bit lost

Hello SR!
I have posted in a couple of weeks. I have been going out a lot and maybe partying a bit too much. I met someone and well that went as everyone here warned me it would. I am definitely not ready to date. I am too scared and insecure right now. I felt I lost myself a bit around him so the brave decision is to walk away and start concentrating on me again. I didnt like the way dating felt. I didnt know how to act and what I wanted. And I felt VERY insecure. So at least I had the tools I needed to realize things didnt feel right to me and force myself to do a reality check.

I have to focus on school and work and taking care of myself again. It feels like I have to throw a fishing line and reel myself back in. LOL. It was an amazing experience and learned a lot about myself in just a couple of weeks. And I have to learn a lot more about myself.

Last night I ran into my stbxah's sister and his friends. I was nice and cordial and so where they but of course it brings back feelings. But the feeling I got is thank God I dont have to deal with them anymore. They were never really nice to me.

So back to my codependent no more cds and my alanon books.

And waiting for my divorce to be final. Have my freedom again. And finding what makes me truly happy. Not an easy thing I am finding out.

Hugs to all

Lulu
Old 07-11-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
So at least I had the tools I needed to realize things didnt feel right to me and force myself to do a reality check.
What am amazing insight, Lulu! Congrats and hugs.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Difficult stuff, but you are growing and healing. Way to go, Lulu. I'm impressed.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Lulu,

It sounds like you found yourself, not lost yourself?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was wondering when you'd be back!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Lulu!

I don't know how long it's been since you've been apart from your XAH. But I'm 3 months away from my xab, and I gotta say, it seems like it's been slow going in the healing process for me. I made the mistake of dating too quickly, and had a couple of bad experiences. I guess it was good-they made me realize how much work I still have to do on myself.

I do crave a relationship and have been feeling lonely lately, especially on the weekends. I wonder what you do to combat that?

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
Hello SR!
I have posted in a couple of weeks. I have been going out a lot and maybe partying a bit too much. I met someone and well that went as everyone here warned me it would. I am definitely not ready to date. I am too scared and insecure right now. I felt I lost myself a bit around him so the brave decision is to walk away and start concentrating on me again. I didnt like the way dating felt. I didnt know how to act and what I wanted. And I felt VERY insecure. So at least I had the tools I needed to realize things didnt feel right to me and force myself to do a reality check.

I have to focus on school and work and taking care of myself again. It feels like I have to throw a fishing line and reel myself back in. LOL. It was an amazing experience and learned a lot about myself in just a couple of weeks. And I have to learn a lot more about myself.

Last night I ran into my stbxah's sister and his friends. I was nice and cordial and so where they but of course it brings back feelings. But the feeling I got is thank God I dont have to deal with them anymore. They were never really nice to me.

So back to my codependent no more cds and my alanon books.

And waiting for my divorce to be final. Have my freedom again. And finding what makes me truly happy. Not an easy thing I am finding out.

Hugs to all

Lulu
Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been separated and in alanon 11 months...This was one of my first dating experiences...I think I picked my steax in different form though. I was warned about this happening so I got out quickly. Just healing now...I have been doing better on the lonely front. I met some new friends. I read and working out has helped for sure..
Hugs
Lulu
Old 07-11-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Good job LuLu!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Lulu, you are doing just fine, you are a work in progress..keep moving forward.

I too was wondering where you were, glad to see you post!