Resisting the desire to fix HIM

Old 07-05-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Resisting the desire to fix HIM

Its amazing how I catch myself doing this. I am 12 days no contact at this point, doing everything in my own mental power to move on and be strong.... with constant reminders in my face at all times.
I spend alot of time reading on this site, other sites, books ...and it really does help.
I discovered this weekend (with the help of someone on SR, THANK YOU!!) some information about passive aggressive men. I cannot tell you how much this has changed my outlook on things .. and how it describes my ex and everything I have been dealing with right down to the very last sentence. But don't you know, instead of finding peace in giving my ex a label other than alcoholism, my first instinct is to print the information off and email it to him and say SEE, THIS IS WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS; NOW GO GET HELP FOR IT AND WE WILL BE OK. I didn't, and won't .. but the urge to do so is overwhelming me. Instead I mowed the lawn.
There is strength in numbers here ... thank you all for helping me remember my own power. I am not sure what the point was of this thread but because of all of you I am refocusing on me the minute I get off track.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done, Safety Girl! Most of us know exactly how hard it was to do what you did! Mowing the lawn was a great substitute! Keep up the good work.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think the best solution to the urge to do this, is to stop looking up information on HIM. Start focusing more on you!