Prayers for my dad...

Old 07-02-2010, 03:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((DeVon))) - sorry I'm late on this, but will rev up some prayers for you, your mom and your dad.

My dad is a "go, go, go" person, too. He's "only" 70 but thought nothing of driving his van to Canada, for the 2nd time this month (that's what he does for a living). All the nagging, pleading, and begging I've done has only accomplished one thing...he DOES pull over and get some rest when he's tired, and keeps energy drinks in the van just in case he suddenly gets tired and he's on a deadline or there's no where TO pull over.

It's not MY idea of taking care of himself, but he didn't get to his age without knowing a few things about himself, so I have to trust HP to keep an eye on him when I can't. HP seems to have done a MUCH better job than I, and He's watching your dad, too.

I also have a 93 year old uncle who has survived 2 major heart attacks and a stroke and still likes to "go"...he's just a wee bit slower at it

My point is, obviously..this IS out of your hands, and he will probably do just fine. Special prayers being sent to your mom, as being RIGHT THERE and watching someone ignore doctor's orders is frustrating, to say the least.

Take care of YOU, sweetie. All this has taken a toll on you, too.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-02-2010, 04:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Missed most of the posts yesterday; saying a prayer FOR YOU right now.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry I'm late on this! It sounds like the surgery went well and that Dad is healing quickly. I hope he's able to rest a bit... otherwise he might find himself utterly exhausted in a few days. But hey - that may be what it takes to get him to rest!

Glad you're doing well. Remember to take care of YOU.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
Do you have any new pictures of Baby Ku'a?
I have to borrow Amber's camera to take pictures, and she took it with her to NY.

I told her I need to borrow it like once a week because Ku'a is growing like a weed!

She's all lanky and in the teenager stage now.