Deep Thoughts

Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Deep Thoughts

Instead of thinking God or your HP sent your A so that you could save them... He sent your A to save you.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is true directly and indirectly.

I've also been sober for a long time. Sometimes I miss the early sober times with the pink clouds! LOL and then I'm greatful for balance and growth without the HUGE swings..

People grow like kids with/and overall height.

Nice post!

AG
Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes, it's really true, isn't it?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mrphillipctrs1 View Post
Instead of thinking God or your HP sent your A so that you could save them... He sent your A to save you.
One of my favorite sayins....

Each of our lives is a path... sometimes our paths overlap for a short time... sometimes they overlap for a longer time... sometimes our paths run parallel in sight of each other... never touching.... but make no mistake our paths crossed for a reason.

mrphillipctrs... in hind sight... I believe my exah was one of the greatest gifts my HP has ever given to me.... Oh not exah per-say ... but the gift and associated lessons... to finally accept, forgive and love myself.... to learn I can't save anyone except myself...

...and finally to let go and let God.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

My personal beliefs are such that no one has the ability to 'save' another human being; that that is the job of my HP. When I let go and let God, I relinquish any idea I might have ever had that I can save anyone. Instead, I look for the lesson the other person has brought me to learn. Usually, it is a lesson I have seen before, but have not fully learned or sufficiently practiced.

Yes, to me, other people are BLESSINGS, some easier to be grateful for than others.
Some I still cannot accept them as such and continue to HATE them for their extreme
selfishness and the continued pain they have brought into my life. I KNOW there are important life lessons behind those relationships too but likely I have just not found the proper context or perspective in which to define these lessons.

Excellent post, thanks for sharing.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Thank you for posting that mrphillip. It is a good thing to remember when the A is causing grief. How we deal with A and their addiction is as much a reflection of us as it is about them and their problems.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
My personal beliefs are such that no one has the ability to 'save' another human being; that that is the job of my HP. When I let go and let God, I relinquish any idea I might have ever had that I can save anyone. Instead, I look for the lesson the other person has brought me to learn. Usually, it is a lesson I have seen before, but have not fully learned or sufficiently practiced.
True. Insightful.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am new to AlAnon and this forum, but I feel like I'm already applying the skills and behaviors I'm learning to all of my relationships. It doesn't matter what you are trying to control about someone in your life - it's a valuable lesson to learn that you just can't do it. I really feel grateful for the things I'm learning and I'm excited about how it's helping all of my relationship be more healthy.

Who knew that figuring out what's wrong with me would make me feel so good!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I feel as though HP sent XAH my way for one good reason: to teach me how to love myself. Damn was it ever a hard lesson to learn!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My RAD has saved my life in a thousand ways.