My heart just stopped beating...

Old 06-24-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Posiesperson, I am truly sorry if I offended you in any way. I'm glad you found the strength to come forward with who you truly are. There are so many people advocating gay rights, it's becoming the norm! Thank you for being understanding. I will certainly try and be more careful with my choice of words - as I'm not really aware of how they affect others.

Coffeedrinker, I'm doing great. Besides letting guilt eat me up for upsetting everybody. I guess I feel like this is my safe place too, and I don't feel to good about the fact that others won't want to hear me say anything... I'm beating myself up, so I'll stop. As far as how I'm feeling - I really am happy! I've got so many plans coming up, doing things that I LOVE TO DO! I'm surrounded by awesome friends, and I haven't felt this happy in a long, long time! Thank you for asking. You've been so helpful to me since the day I joined, and for that I'm very grateful!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jenny,

It's all good. Remember that. No guilt necessary, we're all heard here, and we're all here to learn.

And yeah, advocacy is the norm, isn't it? It's a new world, and a good one in that regard. You were open and honest in what was happening for you, and so was I, and so are the responses from others. Everyone has the chance to say and do their part. That is the epitome of a "safe place".

I certainly want to continue to read/hear what you have to say. This post doesn't change anything, except that now I know you're open to hearing feedback about what others are feeling on here. That's a gift. Again, the epitome of a safe place.

So no need for guilt, what needed to be said was said, and addressed. Now let's celebrate that you are growing and learning and happy and finding your way in the ways that works for you!

Hugs!!!!
posie
Old 06-24-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Bless you, we do all know how it feels....but advice is right, we have to get a grip and not let them draw us in...its all quacking..Lilly
Old 06-24-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Don't feel guilty Jenny. There's an opportunity in everything, and we got the opportunity here to talk about some good stuff. I think you're doing great. Thanks for not being too upset about the conversation.

And uh...hey, how was that for distracting you from the text message?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for being so understanding!

I'm feeling rather guilty - again. I realized why he texted me.

IT WAS HIS 30TH BIRTHDAY - AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT!

Oh well. I'm assuming he was lonely, and looking for someone to make him feel better. I'm still proud of myself for not responding. I fought the urge all day to send a, "happy birthday" - and then I realized, he doesn't deserve that from me.

Is that wrong?