Inching closer...

Old 06-22-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DMC

Inching closer...

Just an update. I've been on the phone with the lawyer every week, as mediation seems our best option for splitting everything up, as I'm not exactly speaking with him. (Background: shipped STBXAH to rehab in September, after which he was told in no uncertain terms he couldn't come back here, and has been living with his parents. Filed for divorce March 1st.)

We've been NC for months. It's a HUGE blessing. I am exercising again. I have my life back. My friends at work are hinting about "someone" who wants to get to know me better. My dogs love me. My work is good. My "extra house" is generating interest (just have to get rid of it!), and I have a backup tenant arranged in case it doesn't sell.

He's emailed me once or twice to tell me he loves me and is thinking of me. Just that. I don't even care anymore. It's really nice not to have to mess with his "mess." I don't know if he's drinking, and I don't really care. I consider myself practically single, and it's lovely. I wish I'd gotten out sooner, but it wasn't practical, and there's no point in regrets. Life is too short!

Mediation tentatively set for Aug 16th-ish. (I don't know the exact date.) He'll be on the phone with his lawyer as he's halfway across the country, I'll be with mine and we'll figure out just how much this is going to sting financially. I've got all my ducks in a row and as much ammunition as one could have.

I just want it OVER WITH already!!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DMC View Post
We've been NC for months. It's a HUGE blessing. I am exercising again. I have my life back. My friends at work are hinting about "someone" who wants to get to know me better. My dogs love me. My work is good. My "extra house" is generating interest (just have to get rid of it!), and I have a backup tenant arranged in case it doesn't sell.
You made me smile!

I can feel the serenity and peace in your post. :ghug3
Old 06-22-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Time really does fly when you are having fun. From the sound of it, Aug 16-ish ought to arrive for you somewhere around next week. LOL.

How wonderful to read your post. You are right, life is too short for regrets! Keep moving forward, DMC.

So proud of you!

Alice
Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DMC

August 23rd it is.

My lawyer noted that his lawyer asked for extra time as he is in "ill health."

Duh.

I told her to pass along that as travel would be a hardship, and with his "ill health," he is more than welcome, nay, encouraged, to mediate via phone.

Hopefully we can reach a settlement and it will be over. If not, and it will be on to depositions... I hope he'll be reasonable. But it sounds like he hasn't exactly been truthful with his lawyer - or they haven't bothered to look at the financials.

Guess we'll see. This whole thing is moving like molasses!
(Note to those toying with divorce: just file already. I wish I had done so when I first met with my lawyer back in October!)