Waking up.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waking up.

I have been going through a process that I have never done in my life, actually allowing myself to feel and to not ignore what happened.

I look at my circumstances and I am dealing with each one. I am waking up to the realization of what my relationship was with my XAGF and I am floored. I am floored because my thinking is changing, that I am moving in the right direction and how toxic it was to be in that relationship. I am experiencing a healthy mindset

I am thankful to know, that I am not crazy like I thought when I was with her, and to come to the realization of why I have never been able to succeed in areas of relationships. I have gone back years and allowed myself to feel emotions that I didn't want to face.

I am getting closer to my HP every day, and I am asking for the strength and the courage to address every one of my issues. I know that there is a name for what I am (codependent), and that my HP has brought the experience, so that I will learn from it. It brings me closer to Him when I realize that he has done this for me.

Waking up to reality is tough, but to know that you can do something about outweighs the pain. Doing something for me is a new thing, but I am starting to like it.

I cannot thank the members of SR enough, for helping me get to where I am today. The suggestions, the experiences that everyone has shared coupled with Al Anon and my HP, are the 100% guarantee for me to recover.

I am waking up, and know, that I know that I know, my HP turned on the light.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

As a died in the wool codie, I can say that I was good at avoidance, avoidance of my feelings, really not wanting to take a good look at myself and being totally honest with me, it was a real process to accept me, admit my failures and move forward slowly, but, confidentally to a whole new me, a person that today I like, that I trust to make good decisions for me.

You are a quicker learner than I was, but, we are ending up at the same place, one of comfort and peace.

My best,

Dolly
Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am happy for you. Keep looking forward! Hoping I get there too!