A Sign?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

A Sign?

The last few weeks in particular have been not so good and dealing with my sisters death from alcoholism has been particularly difficult. After she died we had to sort out her belongings and house. A couple of years ago I gave her a Guardian Angel made from crystals and told her to hold it when she needed reassurance. The months sorting out her house I couldnt find it anywhere and decided it was lost amongst everything.
Yesterday, I was cleaning my bathroom and noticed something shining on some soaps and thought it cant be.....mum gave me some block soaps she had bought my sister and I put them in the bathroom. Yesterday for some reason, I decided what the heck Ill start using them and there she was... the guardian angel. My sister had put the guardian angel hanging on the soaps.
I broke down.....today I wonder if it is a sign that she is ok and she wanted me to know. Now the guardian angel is with me and Ill look after it.
Just needed to share this.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

What a powerful post, yes, I agree, she is in good hands. She is watching over you, you are not without her.

Thank you for posting.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wish to thank you 100 times for this post, but I can officially only do it once.

God is amazing isn't he. I know your sister did that for you.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow! What a wonderful gift of comfort you have received. Amazing how God takes care of us in our time of need!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Thank you for sharing heart warming story. I really have a good day today.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Im glad you like the story about my day. Today I feel as if much has been lifted from my shoulders. To think something so small, a guardian angel has made me feel much better. It was the most I have cried since her death. I do believe that she sent me to open the soaps to find the angel. It meant alot to me at the time I gave it to her and I had searched everywhere for it, as I knew she would have kept it. There it was, all along just waiting for me in my own home. My sister has told me, its OK now, and maybe she is looking after me somehow right now.
It was only the other day, I said to someone, I think its crazy how 'I kind of feel my sister is near', with me each day in spirit. I think she is, hey!!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Signs and symbols can be incredibly powerful. As is BELIEF. It is also a testament to how powerful our minds and hearts are and how we can choose how to respond or interpret things in our lives.

My dad loved bluebirds. Since his death whenever I see a bluebird I think "Oh, that's dad!" I can't tell you how many times a bluebird has appeared right at an auspicious moment in my life - or on a dark day - and how much it reassures me and lifts me. Does it matter if it is really a sign? Because I believe in its power, it is always a sign to me, one I have chosen to interpret as positive, reassuring, and freeing.

It's kind of like the whole higher power discussion: it is the concept that works if I work it, not what or who my HP is.

I think it is beautiful that angel found its way back to you, and I would also see it as a reassuring sign!

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) I am so sorry about your sister. Grief is such a huge and demanding emotion....there's no gettting around it....
peace-
b
Old 06-17-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
I think it is beautiful that angel found its way back to you, and I would also see it as a reassuring sign!
I completely agree! I've had signs in my life that have brought me great comfort.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Yes when I saw the angel, I had to put my glasses on to make sure I wasnt seeing things.. but there she was, amazing.
Since this happened, I can now look at the beautiful photo I have of my sister and smile a little, as before I cried each time. I miss her so much, I knew her so well, we shared alot together and now I will look after her children whom I love just as much.
I never knew I could feel such pain and loss. I know the Angel is just a material thing but when I gave it to her, I wanted my sister to know that I was with her all the time, she just had to hold the angel. Now, It is mine to hold.
At her funeral we played 'Angels' by Robbie Williams because it was her favourite song. Do you know it?