Why can't I believe that he cheated on me?

Old 07-04-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Ok, reading about his prior activity in the light of all the other developments regarding this this man being on probation, hiding womens clothes and id in the attic and pear finding pictures in his secret phone of guns and money sitting atop her computer in her house --is NOT a good sign.

You found shorts with underware and money stuffed in the pockets in the car months ago? Who walks away from an sexual encounter without their shorts, underware or money? This guy is SCARY!

And pear, I don't think this has anything to do with alcoholism. He's a psycho that's drinking.

About your denial--are you kidding me? Who WOULDN'T shift into denial initially to try to deal with the horrors of the man you've been with since you were 16 shifting into a monster?

I hope you're ok, I hope you get that computer set up soon and let us know WTH is going on..
Old 07-04-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

People wil likely fill you in on things that happened that you did not know about.
Boy, ain't that the truth? Years after one of my relationships with an alcoholic who smoked pot every day ended, I found out he was gay. All his friends knew this BEFORE I even met him but none of them ever bothered to inform me. I'm still not sure WHY he was with me all that time.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I agree with Transform, this dude scares me. Please stay away from him Pear. He sounds A LOT like the sickos I read about in the true crime (Ann Rule) books and have seen on the true murder mystery documentaries like forensic files or whatever those shows are called.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
of AA: "What do you get when you sober up a horse thief? Answer: A sober horse thief". The point is, the 12 steps of AA, and the program of AA point out that our drinking is but a symptom of bigger problems.

If you quit drinking and work the steps, especially steps 4 - 9, your character defects and past wrongs are identified, restitution or amends to others made, etc. ...

This is why AA is a 12 step program. If all there was to it was to stop drinking, it would be a 1 step program. Stopping the flow of booze down his gullet does not, in and of itself, address his other character defects, while AA does, if he embraces it.
That's why my XAH will never stop drinking (oh he might for a couple months, they all have the ability to do that). But he will never stop, he's terrified to look at the truth of himself and his character.

What do you get when you sober up an alcoholic momma's boy? A momma's boy.

To look at his own character defects and past wrongs and make AMENDS for them, my gawd, he just cannot. That would mean making amends to me, the originator of all evil in the world. It would also mean looking at the quality of his relationship with his mother and his brothers, and that is just too scary.