Contacted my lawyer

Old 06-14-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

LuLu, Look at YOU. Turn your gaze from on HIM to on YOU. Try this exercise:

Get out the largest piece of paper there is in the house. (Once, I used brown craft paper. Another time I used giant post-it note posters. You can tape several sheets of regular paper together too.) Now, write down a list of all the good things about yourself, all your strengths, all your abilities, all your talents. Use different colored markers if you have them.

To help you see the good in who you are, also look back on YOU from when you were younger. Were you athletic? If so, you're probably still athletic now. Artistic? Creative? Kind? You get the idea. Now write all those things out, in BIG letters so that you can read every word from across the room. Next, tape that big poster up where you will see it AT LEAST twice a day, preferably more than twice a day. Read it and add to it every day.

The reason I made up this exercise is because I as in bad relationships where my self-esteem was DEMOLISHED. I was crying and feeling bad about me ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. This exercise WORKS. Give it a try.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
LuLu, Look at YOU. Turn your gaze from on HIM to on YOU. Try this exercise:

Get out the largest piece of paper there is in the house. (Once, I used brown craft paper. Another time I used giant post-it note posters. You can tape several sheets of regular paper together too.) Now, write down a list of all the good things about yourself, all your strengths, all your abilities, all your talents. Use different colored markers if you have them.

To help you see the good in who you are, also look back on YOU from when you were younger. Were you athletic? If so, you're probably still athletic now. Artistic? Creative? Kind? You get the idea. Now write all those things out, in BIG letters so that you can read every word from across the room. Next, tape that big poster up where you will see it AT LEAST twice a day, preferably more than twice a day. Read it and add to it every day.

The reason I made up this exercise is because I as in bad relationships where my self-esteem was DEMOLISHED. I was crying and feeling bad about me ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. This exercise WORKS. Give it a try.
Wow Learn to Live..This was a very powerful exercise. I am staring at my sheets with who I am in my living room. Hard to believe that is me. Many hugs to you for your suggestion...I think this will be very helpful.

Hugs
Lulu
Old 06-14-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lulu-look at it like I do. It doesnt matter if he has 10 women. The outcome will be the same. They are unhappy, unhealthy people who project unhappy, unhealthy relationships. In time, the new relationships will be ruined by booze and lies. And its not about replacing you. To me, they need to find someone new to play their mind games on.

I dont know if mine actually cheated or not (chances are yes). I never caught him. But if he is with someone new, God help her. She is in for a ride!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
aboutdone

Congrats Lulu.

Someone once told me, "your done with him, you just don't know it yet". I would say that applies, huh? Only now, you know it.

And honestly, I wouldn't waste time thinking she is better than you....would you run around with another woman's man? I think not. There is nothing about her better than you.

You are very strong and will do find through this. Congrats on sending it through to the lawyer, AND telling her you didn't want the drama, just the court date. I love it!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aboutdone View Post
Congrats Lulu.

Someone once told me, "your done with him, you just don't know it yet". I would say that applies, huh? Only now, you know it.

And honestly, I wouldn't waste time thinking she is better than you....would you run around with another woman's man? I think not. There is nothing about her better than you.

You are very strong and will do find through this. Congrats on sending it through to the lawyer, AND telling her you didn't want the drama, just the court date. I love it!!!!
Thank you for this. No I would not run around with another woman's husband and havent broken my vows to him either. Not for him but for me. I believe in morals and values. Because of this, I am getting divorced. But no..I wouldnt date a married man until he was divorced. Guess she doesnt really care. That makes me feel a whole lot better. LOL.
Hugs Hugs and more Hugs
Old 06-15-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Lulu, you have not only set the divorce ball rolling, NOW you have given yourself permission to move on and create the life you want. May it be wonderful for you.

Congratulations.

God bless
Old 06-15-2010, 05:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

"BAM"<--- yeah, you go girl!

I'm so happy you're getting your power back :-)
Old 06-15-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Lulu, you have not only set the divorce ball rolling, NOW you have given yourself permission to move on and create the life you want. May it be wonderful for you.

Congratulations.

God bless
I just want to protect myself. Primarily my heart. Staying in this this situation would be no good for me. Am sure it may be a tough week for me or maybe not. I do envision my life as a big room with lots of gifts from my HP waiting for me. I am doing just fine. Soon it will be all over...

Hugs
Lulu