Good days ahead of me

Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good days ahead of me

I haven't been posting much lately. Been too busy working on myself. So I just wanted to share some and give you a bit of an update on what's going on in my life.
With each new step I'm taking I feel I'm getting closer to that peaceful place I was dreaming about for years. Life is making sense, I'm breathing and I'm wellcoming all my emotions, as each one of them, my pain included, is a blessing that is teaching me so much. I'm loving this new, finally relaxed me and my life. There is no fear in my life any more. I'm finally fine with a fact life is unpredictable, and there will be ups and downs, and I can even see the life's beauty comes from it. So right now it is good to be me.
AH is doing better. Doctors say his life is not in immediate danger any more and he's doing the best under the possible parametres and recovering well. He's going to stay in a hospital for a while longer. And I'm doing something I thought I'd never be able to do in such a circumstances. On Monday I'm going away for a week on holiday with my kids. I had this planned a while ago, and when AH was first admitted to hospital I though I'm going to give up on my holiday. But now I'm not. I'm acctually really looking forward to it and can't wait to go. I'm so proud I can do this. I think this was the biggest test for my letting go. And I'm passing it, and I'm doing it for all the right reasons. I know I can't do anything for AH but I can do this for my kids and me.
In all honesty I never thought I'd be here, it sounded impossible, but now I know so much better, and I'm so greateful for it.
I wish you all well in your recoveries
Old 06-12-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Outstanding news , on all fronts! You guys have a great time on vacation!
Old 06-12-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful holiday and be refilled with energy, strength, joy and peace.

God bless
Old 06-12-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Have a wonderful and well-deserved holiday!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sesh, wishing you and your kids a wonderful, peaceful and well-deserved vacation.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was just thinking about you, Sesh. I was wondering how you were doing, and hoping you would post soon. I'm so glad to hear you're maintaining your amazing perspective.

Have fun. You sure deserve it.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Hi, sesh!

I am very proud of you that you are having good days and hope. Even I have days up and down lately. Your posts make me very happy. Thank you sash!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all!!!
And off I go tomorrow morning.
I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am.
I'm a big girl now, I'm doing things for myself and I don't worry how the rest of the world is going to cope without me!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

I know you are back from your holiday, sesh! Welcome back!

I think you are busy to catch up with ordinary life. Anyway, have a nice day!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for that post sesh. I'm also working on me and hope to be where you are one day. I can see and feel that I am inching closer. Your post is what I needed to hear today. Any details on how you got from point A to point B would be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Waiting to hear how you enjoyed that holiday.

God bless
Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks!
I did have most amazing time. So now I'm back feeling very relaxed and strong.
I believe this vacation was the best thing I did for myself in years. Swimming, sunbathing and reading all day long every day. I feel reborn.
Also, AH is recovering well, but it is going to be a long process. I saw him yestarday, and he reminded me of a person he used to be, before the alcoholism got hold of his life. It's been 27 days since he had a drink, so I guess I should call him RAH, but anyways it is nice to see that lovely person he used to be is still there. Of course I don't know if that person is going to keep evolving and take charge to lead him to healthier, happier life, or what will become of him, but still it is nice to witness that possibility increasing each new day. I'm so glad for him, but in the same time I'm increasingly aware my own happiness, life and well being doesn't depend on it. The great sense of peace comes from this awarness.
So each new day I'm becoming more gratefull for my new outlook on life and the happiness it is bringing me.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi RollTide, we were posting in the same time it seems. You can PM me if you like, and I'd be more than happy to share as much as I can.
There is a thread you might like to read, I think it shows how these great people here have helped me build a foundation for my recovery:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...eling-low.html

I hope it helps
Old 06-23-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by sesh View Post
I believe this vacation was the best thing I did for myself in years. Swimming, sunbathing and reading all day long every day.
Gah!!! I can't take it anymore! I'm jonesin' bad for another dive trip and this just put me over the edge! I just booked a trip to Curacao for November but no way can I wait that long.....

Jamaica : 2010 - all inclusive!

Oh.. glad to hear things are good!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Way to go Sesh! Its so great to see the alanon tools in progress. You are an inspiration. I am so glad you enjoyed your vacation. I really am..

Hugs
Lulu