Car insurance

Old 06-09-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LS2

Car insurance

I am sure it varies from state to state, but how high is insurance for someone with repeated DUI offences? He's got 4. I am just curious the average.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wouldn't that be his problem, not yours?

L
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Most states will require the driver go through the insurance pool. That is a group of companies that have "County Mutual Insurance Companies" that cover the worst drivers. The rates are quite high and a DUI will generally stay on the driving record for five years.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I dunno. When M totaled the second car I called and had her removed from my policy. I had to tell them we were in the process of separating.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I hope it would be $1,000.00 per month, may keep him from getting behind the wheel.

I have no clue.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
I hope it would be $1,000.00 per month, may keep him from getting behind the wheel.
I seriously doubt it. Not having insurance doesn't stop a lot of people from driving and much less someone with 4 DUIs.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Suki,

I agree, probably woundn't stop him....positive operative word=may.

I lost a good friend and her twins (age 7) to a drunk driver he had 3 DUI's, no license, yet he was still behind the wheel and roaring drunk. I wish there was a way to keep these repeat offenders off the road, realistically, I know it is not possible.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

As all these DUI's, and threats of jail and fines, don't stop him taking one of your vehicles now, I doubt the high cost of insurance would get thru to him.
In fact he probably considers he doesn't need insurance, as he is Powerman behind the wheel.

If he is dumb enough to take the truck, you can call police and report it stolen, which it is because A) it is registered to you, B) you gave no-one permission to use it.
You believe AH took it, and he is unlicensed, and it is possible he has been drinking.

As for "the children's father going to jail", well whackety whack for him. Maybe if daddy had half the brains of a child, he would not have got himself into such sh*t in the first place. Going to jail, and having responsibility for his actions shoved in his face, may not do anything for or to him, but it may do. What it would do is give you a lovely looong rest space, to work it all out and get organised for a better future without him to FIU.

God bless