I'm watching you....a gift from my HP

Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm watching you....a gift from my HP

I was browsing through my news feed on facebook, and my AH had this video called, I am Watching you, posted to his facebook - so I watched it ~ and I was MOVED by it. I have typed out the words from the video - you can probablly watch it on you tube. All the things my X has done his behaviors and he posts THIS to his facebook ~ A gift to me making me realize the horrible impact he is having on my childrens lives, and that something must change....thanks to AH and HP I needed this today! see below.....
Dad,
You don’t know it right now, but I’m watching you. Watching the things you do. I’m watching the way you treat people, the way you treat me and my mom and my sister. The way you live your life is having a big impact on me. When it’s time for me to choose a career and provide for my family, your work ethic will be on my mind. The time you spent with me even doing simple things, will give me a sense of security. There will be times in my life where I struggle with integrity and I maybe not sure not what to do. But I will recall how you stood up for what was right even if you could have looked the other way. Many of the choices you are making I will also make. Please don’t be afraid to show me your failures. To show me your mistakes. I will learn from them. Dad are you listening? I am watching. Watching to see if you really believe what you say about God. I need you to help show me the way. Show me how to live life that isn’t safe, but is good. So I’m watching you Dad everyday. You’re teaching me how to live whether you know it or not.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

okay, i guess i am not getting it.
does he really think he is modeling being a good dad?
is he that detached to what he has done to you and your children?
wow, i find that a little uhhhh scary. creepy. bad.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

" A gift to me making me realize what a horrible impact he is having on my children's lives, and that something must change."

And that CHANGE may be what M and when?

How much longer are you going to go back and forth on the matter before you take real action?

I think we have all been telling you for the last year that the current environment is not healthy for your children. I am assuming that he came back home after he packed up on Friday....what do you think your children think and view his packing up and leaving, coming back, packing up and leaving, coming back......

Honestly my dear, how much longer are you going to continue this dance? It's feeling normal now and 'normal' feels ok. That's the problem.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I don't get it, he wrote/posted this to his Dad and he is watching him? He wants to live a life that isn't safe but is good?

Is this guys elevator going up to the top floor?

Good question Gerry--is he back?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No he is NOT back and this is a video that is adorable of a little boy playing with his dad.....and the words I typed are what it said. He posted the video to his facebook...and wrote something. I was taken back by the words of the video an dhow important it is to recognize that our children are watching and learning all the time. I think this is it for he and I.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Children are little sponges M. They see all that goes on around them. They also have supersonic hearing, I've come to learn from my nieces.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Ok, now I understand.