Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Positive thoughts and thinking being washed away by negativity actions constantly

Positive thoughts and thinking being washed away by negativity actions constantly

Old 06-07-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do you pull yourself out of a rut, out of not one person on this earth gives one little crap how you are and how you are feeling, or what you want, or what your needs may be?

This world is passing me by and I have chosen to be a mom of very selfish kids, a husband who thinks he does everything in the world for me, yet I feel like he doesnt do one thing for me.

I feel like giving up on everything right now, I am tired of talking, I am tired of trying.

I feel like everything I have ever wanted and everything I have ever tried to do, is all worth nothing in the end.

So I know I cant control what others do, but the trick is to know that you tried everything and that others will make their own choices and I am working really hard on not letting their choices for their futures affect me.

How the hell do you do that?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Originally Posted by Cassey View Post
out of not one person on this earth gives one little crap how you are and how you are feeling, or what you want, or what your needs may be?
That part right there usually helps me. Something like that you can really only deal with it two ways. Either throw a pity party and let it bring you down and affect all aspects of your life, or you can look at it as only you can change your circumstances.

We all get down at times in our lives, but I have learned that the more I let things roll off my back, and I focus on taking care of myself instead of waiting for others to do it the more I enjoy my life.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cassey View Post
This world is passing me by and I have chosen to be a mom of very selfish kids, a husband who thinks he does everything in the world for me, yet I feel like he doesnt do one thing for me.
When surrounded by negativity the majority of the time, I couldn't keep my chin up either for long.

So I had to make some painful decisions over the years.

That has included divorcing an addict/alcoholic husband.

That has included finally detaching from an AD who was never going to get better, and was dragging me down because I couldn't let go.

That has included giving the 21 year the boot last year when she brought home another dog and then left me with the poor little confused fellow while she was off gallivanting around with the ABF for several days.

That has included going no contact with my parents when they flip into toxic mode.

That has included doing a lot of internal work on self, and finally living my life for me, and taking care of myself.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

(((Cassie)))
You sound at the end of your tether. Be kind to yourself and give yourself a treat - you deserve it!