the smell of alcohol

Old 10-10-2003, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

the smell of alcohol

As I went through various fazes of coming off various drugs one at a time, from acid and speed and downers (always pot) than a long hard run with coke, then codiene and gin and pot, then gin and pot then wine and pot then beer and pot then pot and now clean.

But the point is, my daughter who drank too but used to have this ultra sensitive nose, or still does only toward others, used to tell me how bad I smelled when I drank gin.

Well, let me tell ya! The smell of booze around here when my daugher is drinking - which is all the time - makes me sick. Really, I just can't stand it.

Do other people have that reaction. Really, it's physical. Especially hard liquor. But two or three beers has the same effect and if their pile up in the trash can, especially along with cigarette butts it's just too much for me.

I could easily vomit and it's not some kind of overblown drama. It's a physical reaction.

I hate the smell of booze.

I don't know how you all feel but I have no desire to go into a bar either. I know some people say they still like to go to the bar. I have nothing but negative assoications with bars and I really don't have a desire to return to one.

I would like to replace the social outings like ball games at the park and stuff like that in a group where you know everyone and do it all the time together though. No booze - sober. I haven't found that niche yet.

Yatta yatta yatta
Old 10-10-2003, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I never did like bars much. And the older I get the less I like them.

Theyre smokey and I dont smoke. And the music is so loud you cant have a conversation. Not that you would want to. Nothing is more boring than being the only sober one in a room full of drunks.

They think theyre wonderful, smart, funny, and definitly Gods gift. And whats worse is they'll tell you about it over and over and over and over. Till you want to slap the crap out of them and set their butts on fire. LOL.

Im an old soul. Can you tell? LOL.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What's worse is the old man drunk bars I used to go to with Bob. They're your bars, except in daytime--filled with men who drink to survive, not much conversation, no music and the same pathetic faces every Saturday, all day Saturday. And Sunday. And on holidays. ICK! I longed for the nightlife!

Soybean--Beer in the kitchen first thing in the morning activated by gag reflex. Bob switched to rum only for a while and I told him I was having a problem with it because it made me miss drinking. It made me %@$#^% sick! My nose now is very sensitive to alcohol. I drink maybe 3x a year and the smell of me the next morning-even after 2 glasses of wine, makes me sick!

By the end of our relationship I was asking about sex out of habit, not want.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mine worked shifts. So I been in those bars too. Theres sometihing really sad about seeing somebody ***** faced at 10 oclock in the morning.

Soybean Beer? Well at least he was health concious.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

great sense of humor

:council: THANKS FOR THE SMILES