I'm Losing It

Old 06-06-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Thanks Jadmack. I copied the orange pic/saying and saved it :O)
Old 06-06-2010, 08:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Maybe this seems overly simplistic but it helps me: Not being in my power is a memory from my childhood when I had to try to make other people happy in order to survive. Now it just mucks everything up really badly, feels painful and directionless. Yuck.

How do you feel about yourself when you give your power away? Maybe that question will lend you some clues...?

posie
Old 06-06-2010, 08:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

it sounds like posie has this going somewhere, but i've been gone for several hours and i wanted to respond to something i read earlier.

there was a question about whether or not "the a$$holes" are addicts...that kind of thing.

i guess it doesn't really matter at the end of the day....but does it?

i believe that those of us that are, well, like us, have a sense about addicts. even without being aware of it, we feel them. and then we react.

i think that it is unhealthy for us to have to interact with them. it throws us off our square and we can start doing the dance before we even know it.

there are all kinds of jerks out there. but it's almost as if there are different brands of jerk. i think it's entirely possible that these people you are reacting to are THAT brand. and that is precisely why you are.

so...if this is true....what do you do about it?

(apparently i was going for the record on using the italics)
Old 06-06-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was told once that most people have addictions, could be to a substance other than drugs, tobacco or alcohol, a food, shopping, power hunger, sarcasm even....oh heck that is me?

I guess those of us who react like litmus paper to an A's cr*ppy behavior, will also come in full throttle, when someone uses the same manipulation, or control or verbal abuse as they have experienced from an A. The person affecting us may not even drink, but is as big a button pusher as a fully active A in our lives.

OH isn't that just peachy? Not only are we in codie war with A's, but we are surrounded by those who can cause us as much hassles, due to their actions. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Does this make sense to anyone, or am I losing something as I age?

God bless
Old 06-06-2010, 11:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Well I have been on week out of the office, tomorrow there I go again.

There is a specific person who keeps laughing and the way he does gets on my nerves! the funny thing is that he sat next to me in our previous job LOL.

Then of course XABF, I always try to remember I have to prove... NOTHING AT ALL.

So this is what I have done to cope with anger/stress

If I can afford it:
earplugs, the best invention of humankind
CDs and headphones
ipod and only one ear plugged
moving to one of the conference rooms and working from there
leaving my desk temporarily
climbing stairs up and down, up and down
writing out my anger, how I'd like the person to die, how I would do it personally, what I would like to yell at him, all that stuff. burning the paper later.
going to an arcade and playing the "police training" game with a pistol and shoot, shoot, shoot...
kick boxing
pilates,yoga
focusing on my breathe, 4 times breath in, 4 times hold, 4 times exhale, 4 times.. nothing. repeat ad infinitum.
asking myelf "how does my body feel when I let go?"
using quartz and putting them around in the office, put reminders of peace, for me that is a small bamboo, a very nice desktop image, a zen garden.
invoking HP-my favorite angel St Michael, to assist helping me trascend my anger and protect me from hooking up with other vibes that are not mine.
answering to disrespectful people even more kind than usual just for contrast ! lol

Hope you feel better soon regardless of what others think, say or do!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Sorry you're having such a horrible time. The only thing I can suggest is detaching and journalling to get a handle on why you feel the way you do. I know that for me my issues with those in authority who don't act the way I expect them to act goes back to my childhood. I need to adapt my expectations to reality. I hope you find your serenity again soon. :ghug3
Old 06-07-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I forgot to mention the anti stress ball, available in office max, office depot etc.
Your arms get toned really fast lol
Hope you are feeling better today!