Morning SR Friends

Old 06-01-2010, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning SR Friends

My daughter and I went away for Memorial day. 4 nights!! Amazing weekend, walked Buskill falls trails, went out for a fancy dinner, ended up at the resorts Karakio (sp?) night. Went to see friends that are very close to us that were camping 30 minutes away. We had a great time, best thing we could have done. It was a little weird at first since AH was not with us. But the feeling of not worrying about him and babysitting making sure he didnt over drink for dinner, and other activities. It was an eye opener for myself and my daughter. I felt a little guilty because he passed away and we were having such a good time. We talked about it and I explained to her that we cant stop living, having fun and experiencing life.

Next trip is to NYC for her grad present, we cant wait. Im not going to feel guilty anymore. He choose this for himself. We can go on and have some fun.
We also meant people that live in NYC, so we will end up meeting them there. We kept running into the same people, a very nice family that there kids kept running up to me everytime they seen me. I must have reminded them of someone because I was a stranger and my daughter meant a bunch of girls her age that live in NYC too. Thought that was our HP showing us we can make friends. But i do have to say we are people magnets, of course all kinds of people but still magnets.

For so many years vacations have been ruined and this is the first time I completly didnt have to worry about stopping for beer. Counting beers etc.
Wish I would have done this with my daughter years ago. So my advise is if your still living that way. Take off by yourself you wont be sorry.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds like a wonderful trip you had!!

We are planning a short camping trip and I'm soooo looking forward to not having to think about those very things.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wize Deb I am so glad to hear that! So glad you two found some peace & fun & adventure....more, more more!!

Have a great time in NYC!
peace-
b
Old 06-01-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! We are so proud of you. Have a wonderful time in NYC--it's a magical city.