I went out and..

Old 05-29-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I went out and..

I had so much fun and met people..why did I wait so long in this misery? I partied in NYC till 4am and I feel great and my friends helped remind me of who I used to be and who I really am....Thank you Lord for this...
Old 05-29-2010, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Please party safe. Never leave a club or bar with anyone other than who you went there with. Don't go to or depart places that serve alcohol alone. Don't go anywhere with people you do not know, even if they seem "safe." Don't drink and drive; do take a taxi, public transport, or have a designated driver. Thank you.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
I feel great and my friends helped remind me of who I used to be and who I really am....Thank you Lord for this...
Yes!!! Isn't it great to get to be who you really are and to feel how great that is again?!?!?! Good for you, Lulu!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I swear I was safe and I dont really drink and went out with friends I have known for 6 years. And it was awesome to be who I have always been!! I feel reborn. its just such an awesome feeling..
Old 05-29-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

OK thank you. I am always looking for dangers and risks, it's weird, I've always been that way. I would prolly make a great risk manager for an insurance company LOL but your post about partying in NYC reminded me of that young girl who I believe was in graduate school or law school who went out with her girl friends, did not go back with her friends but went to another bar at like 2AM, left that bar with the bouncer (prolly thought he was safe since he was the bouncer) and wound up murdered. Not trying to scare you or be an alarmist, just reminding about safety. I am like an old granny sometimes :O)
Old 05-29-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Did the same myself last night - went for a run after work, came home, cleaned myself up and went out to the pub with some friends. Had 3 pints and went home. Feel GREAT today! Living again!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Duped View Post
Did the same myself last night - went for a run after work, came home, cleaned myself up and went out to the pub with some friends. Had 3 pints and went home. Feel GREAT today! Living again!
woohoo Duped!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
OK thank you. I am always looking for dangers and risks, it's weird, I've always been that way. I would prolly make a great risk manager for an insurance company LOL but your post about partying in NYC reminded me of that young girl who I believe was in graduate school or law school who went out with her girl friends, did not go back with her friends but went to another bar at like 2AM, left that bar with the bouncer (prolly thought he was safe since he was the bouncer) and wound up murdered. Not trying to scare you or be an alarmist, just reminding about safety. I am like an old granny sometimes :O)
I always appreciate the concern! I have been a NYC gal for a long time so am familiar BUT like you said..u can never be too careful. So thank you for the reminder and ur concern!!
Old 05-29-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lulu,

I can totally relate. I'm having a hard time this weekend but have worked in ample social time so that helps a whole lot. There's nothing like feeling who we are again after having given up so much of ourselves.

It doesn't completely eliminate the sadness, but it sure does help remind me of the other side.

Cheers!
posie
Old 05-29-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Maybe im just a idiot,,But am understanding that after being sober you all went out drinking and had a great time being yourselfs and just having fun????,,Or am i missing something???
Old 05-29-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

sorry my bad,,i just relized this is friends of alcoholics,,glad you all had a good time..and i hope all goes well for you in life..