Under cover cop it

Old 05-27-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Under cover cop it

Night before last after church meeting, a Lass was standing with another member and me, when out of the dark staggers this foul mouthed man, who grabbed her wrist and pushed her into my car.

That was drunk's first bad move.

Second big, bad move was to start poking the chest of the man beside me, named T, because not only does T loathe abusers of every type, he objects to people poking him anytime, anywhere.

Third and final bad move was to throw a punch at T, at which point T threw drunk on the ground, cuffed him and told drunk he was "under arrest".
I did enjoy calling for cop car to come get the somewhat shrunken man, who was no longer stroppy.
Guess he had shock when he found out T is Senior Sargeant.....of Police. OOps!!!

He got carted off to clink and to face court this morning....and his wife and I went for coffee. Last of their kids left home for university 2 months ago, and she has been sneaking to daytime Alanon meetings....had considered leaving him, but.....

Well, that night's fiasco had her up and boiling, and she is thru with him......straight after coffee, she was going home to pack....HIS CLOTHES...as thing is, now she isn't leaving the home, she is kicking him out of it, as it was her parents home and left to her.

Amazing what a little bit of righteous anger can do to, provide a head of steam and get the train rolling along the track.

Thought some folks here would see the funny side, and the gentle nudge she got when stuck in that "should I or shouldn't I", stage.

One thing, HP didn't have far to go as we were right outside His front door.

God bless
Old 05-27-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Anger is a great motivator.

I'm glad she had you all there with her Jadmack.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nothing like a little "Instant Karma". Wish it happened more often.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ah, yes. It's always good to be nudged or, when we need it, PUSHED off the fence we've been sitting on. Thank you...

posie
Old 05-28-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Jad,

What gets me about this - is your friend's turn around in realizing it is her house. My husband lived in my house also - when he was here, I was counselled (by a therapist) to and looked into going to stay at a motel or keep up an apt for the nights I couldn't stand it. My exh and one friend offered the couch in their places if I needed it b/c he would agree when sober to go to a motel after drinking for the night, but then wouldn't do it once he started drinking.

I recalled the last night he called before coming home - first saying he would be at a motel - second he was coming home since it was his home too - and then warning my son that he may want to go to a friends to study. My son's response threw me! He said - "I'm not leaving my house for him." It hit me that he was right and stayed. Needless to say the night went very south this time and I insisted he move out the next day.

Afterwords, I couldn't stop thinking about how easily they take over everything and how easily we just stand by and let it happen. When we first married I offerred to put him on the mortgage but he declined in favor of the kids. One year into the marriage he started threatening me to put him on the mortgage or he would leave. At that point, seeing his A and life with an A I wasn't willing to do so. And quess what? He didn't leave.

Long story but the short part is getting the wisdom to take control over what we can and letting go of the rest. Sometimes we forget what we do have control over in our lives. I almost forgot and glad my HP made certain that I remembered at the needed time.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love it. Definitely some wonderful HP work. Good luck to her!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)