Good news

Old 05-31-2010, 04:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just found this thread. You have had an intense few days, yet you are doing amazingly well. I'm sorry about your mum - sometime I just choose to feel sorry for people who are trapped in their small -minded thinking and hurtful ways.

My thoughts are with you.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Remember the bubble, on the scale, and the goal of keeping it centered. (link included for those unfamiliar with this reference) The world is full of dysfunctional people; many were made that way from forces beyond their control as they grew up. Many choose to live that way, and stay that way. We have no control over their choices.

But, we do not have to live in their reality and embark on pettiness, controlling, gossip, etc. If we focus on staying centered, we keep our eyes on what really matters in life: integrity, compassion, honesty (beginning with self-honesty), clarity - these are the things that matter. Those negative things are the issues of dysfunctional people and are really noise that they are trying to resolve inside themselves, but are projecting outwards in their efforts.

I love what Naive said about surprise support emerging. People will surprise you, when you take a stand, in both directions.

And when you take a stand, and plant your feet on the ground, it causes your world to stop shifting, and you develop clarity.

Sending encouragement,

CLMI
Old 05-31-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Back from the hospital. Doctor said it looks terminal and he can't make any prognosis at the moment. He's going to do some more tests, and asked me to come back Wednesday morrning as he hopes he'll be able to tell me more than.
This is harder than I can even begin to explain.
Please pray for my family.
Thanks
Sesh
Old 05-31-2010, 04:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh, Sesh, it pains me that in your time of need, the people around you aren't there as I wish they'd be. But we at SR are here, to support you and listen, and send our love.

Hugs,

CLMI
Old 05-31-2010, 04:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Sesh. I am very sorry to hear your update. We are stay with you on SR. I know it is very hard to update you situation.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((((sesh))))))
Old 05-31-2010, 05:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm going to share a story. My friend's husband has a father who is a SERIOUS alcoholic. He's been drinking since he was 13 and is now 81.
He's been told 4 times he has terminal liver damage (Cirrhosis). Each time he recouped and each time went back to drinking. The last time he was told he was going to die was 4 yrs ago. My friend's H set up the funeral, sold his home, got him into pallative care and guess what, he recouped again. He got out, bought a new home, stopped drinking, got a GF, travelled and had a great life. Well last year, he started drinking again.

Cirrhosis is not always terminal, but that is all up to the addict and how they want to heal or if they want to heal.
The liver is an amazing organ.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this pain
Old 05-31-2010, 05:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

((((SESH)))) Oh dear, I am so very sorry.

WE are here for you. WE understand what you are going through like very few others are able. It's not entirely their fault. We all have had to walk through fire to get where we are in our own recoveries now -- the "others" have not had that benefit. However, we do find that our "real friends walk IN when others walk out". Lean on your real friends for now and just let your answering machine pick up the rest.

I hope you can rest today.