And one more curious question....

Old 05-25-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And one more curious question....

I have been noticing lately that my AH has a need for me to notice every little things he might say, do, or wear...and acknowledge that in some way. For instance today he bought a grey collared shirt for work and he came out I guess wanted me to say how great he looked - but honestly it was just a polo shirt.....??? Little things he wants compliments for etc.......I have not noticed this neediness before...is this common?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LS2

omg mine does that too! he's been dry for almost 4 months and it's like he expects me to praise all the things he does or how he is eating healthy and exercising.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

I think such conversation is very common in recovering alcoholics. We are starting new life, everything is new to us. I still check my face in bathroom how my face change before and after sobriety.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

my xabf told me once shortly after getting sober, that he would appreciate little positive feedback comments every once in awhile, if i notice something good - that it would mean a lot to him. i think balance - the validation of the good efforts, but also don't act like they walk on water all of a sudden.

do what you're comfortable with - it should be genuine. wonder if you've got a lot of resentment (normal)