Breakups and why?

Old 05-17-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
today4me

Breakups and why?

Noticed this on another thread and would like feedback please.

I have never experienced so many breakups during a relationship as I did with XAGF. I broke up twice with her due to trust issues, the other times her reasons were: space, depressed, blame, accusations, trust, etc. The breakups were usually 2-4 days and the longest was a month.

Never once did she state she did not love me or was not in love. In other relationships of mine usually that was the statement "I'm not in love anymore, or have loving feelings. Could I receive some feedback on why?
Old 05-17-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
today4me

I take 50% of blame, trust me. I was a door mat. Just hoping for some insight as I'm having a rough day. Can you relate or acknowledge that please?
Old 05-17-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agreed.

No need to worry about what happened in the past. Read Matthew 6:25,34. Do not worry, tomorrow has enough worries of its own.

Tpen..it is SERIOUSLY time to put this whole debacle to bed, and concentrate on YOU. You will NEVER figure her out. Never get in her head, and never get the answers you seek. If if she did answer, there would be a million more questions to replace the ones you already have.

Chalk it up to a bad experience, take what you learned into your next relationship, and do not repeat the same mistakes. Recognize the red flags, and GET OUT if you see even a GLIMMER of a flag.

I am praying for you, and hope that you will soon stop trying to figure HER out, and work on yourself! The only person you can change..is YOU!

Blessings!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
today4me

Ok, two replies with the same intent - I agree. Was strong into the Word last week and did in fact open the Bible every time to focus on stopping the worrying. Just really struggling today and wanted help venting. Thanks for the prompt replies and consider this thread "out of date".
Old 05-17-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"Could I receive some feedback on why?"
You've been around this site a while and you probably have heard this before - she's an alcoholic doing what alcoholics do. We can never understand their behavior because their brains have been high-jacked.

Just hoping for some insight as I'm having a rough day.
I'm sorry you are having a rough day.

Here's some insight on how I deal with rough days: I do not focusing on things I cannot control or change because it is a futile waste of time and it usually makes me feel worse and I can get stuck in a self-pity party. Instead, I quickly move into action mode where I focus on me and my choices and what I can do to eliminate rough days in the future.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

tpen,

I really do feel your pain, and I am so sorry you are having a rough day.

I had a rough week, my birthday was last Monday. I thought MAYBE he would call, and apologize. But he didn't. WHY? He's an alcoholic, being an alcoholic, living his alcoholic life.

I surrounded myself with friends and the GOOD BOOK! HE will never fail you tpen. Ever! Stop trying to fill your emptiness with everything except God. It never works. Please know I am praying for you, that you will rise up and stop worrying about someone you have no control over. Easier said than done, I know! But it's a lot less painful than wondering why, why, why, why all the time.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
today4me

OK, time to be honest. I broke NC and checked her myspace today. Sorry for taking my anger and wanting answers out on all of you. I felt rejected!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

tpen - you mentioned you want to stop worrying. I'm curious - what types of things cloud your mind with worry these days? I just want to grasp where you are at. I too worry - namely about what bs my ex A is going to cause to make me lose my serenity and piece of mind. What types of things she will say about me, lies etc. to take the focus off her. Just curious, what are you worrying about? I think I'm worried that mine will come back, and you are worried that yours won't.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

tpen, do you feel like you're getting what you deserve from this woman? Do you want to be ignored? Does it feel fulfilling to you in any way? I know for me when I keep looking for love in all the wrong places then it's probably about my earliest lessons about how "love" looks: empty words from emotionally unavailable or limited people.

You broke up with her to try to get her to love you, right? That's manipulative. I know, because I've been manipulative, too, and when I don't have an outside target I sometimes use those maladaptive coping mechanisms on myself. It hurts a lot when I focus on missing my exA, and sometimes it's a seductive option but it's never good for me. When I'm dwelling on something that hurts me (mySpace, FB, memories, songs on the radio, wondering if I'm going to run into the married person and their spouse, etc.) I say to myself or out loud: "HP, help me."

I always feel better after that--simple and effective.

Hugs, tpen. I pray that you do some healthy grieving and move on. May I suggest you start by getting to know yourself regarding why you feel the urge to repeatedly hurt yourself this way? We all know you deserve better...do you?

posie
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
today4me

Originally Posted by Duped View Post
tpen - you mentioned you want to stop worrying. I'm curious - what types of things cloud your mind with worry these days?
I worry about her. It goes from wishing she could find HP, to being clean, to missing her at times. Varies I guess. Worrying gets me nowhere and is like rocking back and forth in a rocking chair. That's why I was reading the Word. Every time I did it took the worries away. Sometimes for 30 minutes or even 4 hours, but it worked! I started to feel a relationship growing with HP.

Hope your doing ok Duped. Be strong, patient and ask for guidance. It works!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
today4me

Originally Posted by posiesperson View Post
You broke up with her to try to get her to love you, right? That's manipulative.
That wasn't the primary reason.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

tpen,

Maybe I will get blasted for going ahead and opening that wound. I won't begin to try and explain why, because I will never know.

However, I can and do know exactly what you feel. In the last 15 months, my boyfriend and I had to of broken up at least 20 times. Usually 2-3 days, and the longest being a month and half. I broke up with him twice. Once for his pill abuse.. and once because of his alcoholism. I always went back. He broke up with me because, "I was driving him crazy, or I wasn't strong enough". He went into rages, broke up with me, went on a drinking binge, came down, missed me, called me, I forgave.

Repeat.

Every single time. I suspect he's bi-polar, but I suppose that is besides the point. All I can say, is we break up frequently. I cry like a baby everytime, knowing full well, we'll get back together. Might I add, the last break up, I initiated. It was the one lasting nearly two months. I caved in, with his empty promises.. only to be broken tonight.

All I can tell you, it's a torturous life. I would not wish it upon anyone. I'm not sure how much I can even endure. So, stay here, learn about yourself, listen to the wise advice of others, focus on your worth.. and take it from there.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I find when I am loving, reading about loving things, I miss the person, When I think in REAL terms, I get angry and anger has always propelled me to move on. Mourn and move on
It took me 4 months of serious mourning to get over a 15 yr marriage and 1 solid year to be complete and happy.
I could not have done that with joy, happiness, forgivness and love for the other person.
Once times passes, I felt all those things and have forgiven these men and wish them the best.

Mourning a death has no rules, no time frame, no "how to's", it's normal to obsesses over an ex once they are gone. Resist and it persists, Let your thoughts just flow, let them pass and get really angry.
I was able to only focus on me after 4-5 months. Be gentle with yourself. It takes time

As for why people keep breaking up, simple, two people want to be heard and two people are not listening.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just to add, when my ex and I broke up after a long relationship, I went to therapy 2 weeks after the break-up. I was simply in hell.
The therapist said to me "get home, cook yourself a nice dinner, call a friend, read a book, take a bath and think about how your life will be now"

I was in shock. Would you tell someone who just lost a spouse to death to take a bath and read a book and cook dinner.

Ending a relationship is much like death and in many cases, the sadness even greater. When someone dies, there has often been completion and understanding that doesn't occur when both people are alive.

My heart is broken, I cannot eat, or sleep, there was a death of love in my life and I cannot take a god damn bath and read a book.

Take your time to mourn and keep talking it out. It does pass