Stop LYING (vent)

Old 05-10-2010, 05:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

True Bumbling, if they did have respect for themselves, they would not cheat, lie, nor trash their bodies with cr*p. They hate themselves at the deepest level of hate.
Then they take that hate and project it on to the people who think are trying to hurt them.
It's called insanity. Insanity is a common hang out to the drama seekers
Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry you someone like that in your life but the bottom line is that behavior is unhealthy where sober or not. I would close the chapter and continue with seeking help. You don't deserve this and I doubt he will change.

As a recovering alcoholic....I never cheated once and no matter how dark my hole was I still understood right from wrong. I may not have always made the better choice but I darn well knew what I was doing. What you describe are major issues and anytime I read of folks taking up with others while still married/involved it is called cheating and you will have to decide if that is how you want to be treated. Take away his addiction and more than likely he will still cheat. That is my read on this.

Stay strong my friend and make yourself number one. Obviously his concern is trying to have his cake and eat it too. No one should be treated like that.

Huggs
Old 05-10-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I see you are very much in pain and want to tell you you are not alone.

Your post reminded me of how they distribute water in the apartment complex I live in.

The system is, at 8 30 am sharp two men start yelling the bottled water company name so anyone who needs it comes out and yells back that they need a bottle.

They yell more than 30 times.

So I can go mad calling and complaining and asking the police and the person in charge and the actual men NOT to keep yelling yadda yadda.

OR

I can simply wake up EARLIER, leave for work EARLIER and use that extra hour to study, nap, browse the web, actually WORK or whatever.

You can try to "change" a lot of people or you can just leave gracefully and let them go on in whichever way they like, because you are NOT there anymore! sometimes it is easier just to remove oneself.... if adults do not respect othes time, dignity, sleep, etc, WE are not going to teach them.

Hugs.
PS

Bad haircuts, LOL

XABF looks like Bert after he goes to cut his hair:

His GF looks a little like Ernie come to think of it.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Think it is more than time for the following.

God bless
Old 05-11-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hahaha! Jadmack, you crack me up...!!

Thanks,
posie
Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Inhale, Exhale, Repeat

Originally Posted by Soph View Post
Last year at this time I was obsessively checking his cell bill, calling numbers I did not recognize, paying money online to investigate numbers;
Man...this is so my life lately. I don't want it to be my life any more. I really like what you said too about their disease is our dis-ease. My AF seems to think that since he isn't using cocaine (at least I think) anymore that he has worked his way up to being comfortable with alcohol, even though we have gotten into so many arguments after he reaches a certain point, and his drinking usually results in doing shots, or drinking secretly. But he is keeping it just functional enough I suppose, to think he has me fooled. I think he thinks If I'm around to keep him on a leash, then he will be good.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My ex A used to admit to anyone and everyone that she had a cocaine problem, but that was only to hide the real problem - booze. Oh sure, she messed around with cocaine, but really it was to enable her to drink more. Now I've discovered she has been in rehab more than the one time I knew she had been. Apparently she did 30 days many months prior to that. Guess that didn't work out too well. Nor did the last stint - she used it to manipulate everyone more.

I used to check up on her obsessively as well, now I just don't give a sh*t anymore.