Ghost Stories!

Old 10-09-2003, 02:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

So So Sorry Dinotar BUT this ole lady has been very busy today
I make no promises

but will try to get back soon if he keeps his toes to scrinched up he'll get cramps in them
Old 10-09-2003, 03:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's okay. Suspense is delicious.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Hi Dino, Smoke, and who ever else cares to hear the rest of the story (as long as "IT" isn't here)

OK kiddo's, Now Himself and I just staring at the skull wondering what, where, when and what the h*** are we going to do with "IT"... finally we (as In Himself) decide that for the time being we'll just leave it right where it is..I mean what do we know about these things anyway and we have a whole house to get fixed up in just 12 days to move into...Himself decides that I was just hearing the wind or, a little furry critter,or ...or,...or...

Now Himself is his normal (?) Irish self until he can't come up with a good Mr. Spock anwser, then he gets real angry because of course, there has to be a logical explanation to this whole thing right...he just can't come up with one.

Now, you'd think my being Swedish I would be the the logical one but not this time.....I know what I heard....I know footsteps when I hear them right...but being the good little codie that I was; I unfortuntely gave my reality away.....It took years of hard work to unlearn that character defect which by the way I still pick up once in awhike just to see if it fits.

We proceed to get the house remoldeling under way...all the while with "IT" down in that dark little room with the door closed and locked...after all I may give my reality away but I am NOT taking any chances either...I know I heard the footsteps....

Time fast forward 3 months later, Himself is now working nights, OH JOY!....and again...Now remember I am a good little codie and there's nothing to worry about 'cause Himself said so....

I am quietly watching TV while painting bookcases... my first,last, and only cat is sleeping peacefully on the couch. When I hear a knock
not at the front door,

BUT ON THE FLOOR BENEATH me,

I froze instantly, CAT yoawls and runs to the front door with his fur standing on end....He is wanting OUT of here now... After all we were alone.....NO ONE should have,
could have,
would have been in the basement...

NOT WITH two locked doors on the sun porch, Not with two other locked doors to go through....besides it is 11:32pm...I know what time it is becuse I now have to be here alone for another 5 hours and 28 minutes before Himself comes home..and normal people just aren't up and about at that time of the night..

Now for 3 months I have not talked about "IT", BUT I was and am totally aware "IT" is still in the dark little room sitting on the old wood stove, in the glass case, looking almost like it is smiling...
It's night,
It's dark,
there's no one home but me because even my cat has left....and I don't have a clue as to WHAT in the H*** to do now...When I hear the knock again
............Just one knock
.......Nothing more.........
.Now I am hardly even breathing.........

Darn it kiddo's I have to go
this is just to much for this ole lady, my fingers are about to fall off and I have only had one cup of coffee this morning.....

I Promise I'll be back as soon as I can recover...
Old 10-10-2003, 10:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

You really have this suspense technique down, don't you Daff???
Old 10-10-2003, 11:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

OMG now I am into it and I NEED the rest of this story! I could swear I heard the knock! Hurry
Old 10-10-2003, 11:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

OK, being the obsessive person I am..... I am goin crazy here. I am even drinking coffee for you in order to expedite this!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

LOL... she's holdin' out on us.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Paused

ahhh, I'm hooked too.... waited patiently all night, then I reread it this morning... eeeeeeeeeeee
Old 10-11-2003, 05:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Chy

Just love Halloween!

Recently my husband and son went to see their favorite football team play live in Arizona.. Just being a few hours from El Paso. They decided to take a detour on the way to the Packer game and stop in Tombstone, Az. Hubby has always had a fasination for the place and this being a father son road trip decided to stop there. Well there are many stories about the old west and Tombstone and it is said the ghosts come out at night and walk down Alan street. Well many people have taken pictures and found clouded images and strange spirits and anomolies in the pictures. I told hubby to take a lot of pictures and see if a ghost would appear in any of ours. I eagerly called them once they got to the hotel room just to see how the pictures came out on the digital camera. Them being guys were annoyed that I had disturbed their pre-game festivities reluctantly went out to the car to get the camera and view that day's pictures.

As I waited for them to get back on the phone I heard them grumbling and groaning about mom being goofy and must be bored to be bothering them.

While waiting for them to pick up the phone I heard my husband holler "oh $hit!".. thinking son hurt himself my heart started beating fast.. when hubby came to the phone he said "your not gonna believe it, there is a ghost behind Ryan in the picture at the cemetary"... I was thrilled but shivering.

When they got home from the game the following day I waited in anticipation to see the picture... and sure enough there is a ghostly figure standing right next to my son beside a headstone at Boothill!!!

Here's a link we found with some ghostly pictures.. make sure your voulume is turned on.... pleasant dreams!
http://clantongang.com/oldwest/ghost.htm
Old 10-11-2003, 05:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yes! Yes! Yes! OOOOOOOOOH! I wanna go to Tombstone!!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 05:49 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Daf? Waiting.......

Smoke, heres a neat link about ghosts......thought you might like it and could use it to keep dinotaur occupied until Daf finished her story.

http://www.allaboutghosts.com/
Old 10-11-2003, 05:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Paused

How Fun!! to think I am so close, I must make a trip!

Old 10-11-2003, 11:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

You know it's really hard to sit for 5 hours and 28 minutes.....frozen in one place ......with a paint brush in your hand ...a cat yoawling his head off at the door......

NOOO ! I was not that "scearded" but I surely did have a hard time moving that night....If you have ever sat with a cat screaching it head off ( it wasn't even black, it was an orange tom) you'd know you can't put up with that for very long....

So up I get, tip toeing to the door to let that dumb cat out so I wouldn't have to listen to it any longer...

now I really have a tough decision to make...

How in the world am I going to open the door to let the cat out without anything else knowning that's what I am doing???

Well, standing there it occured to me the radio was right by the door and if I turned it on really loud maybe just maybe that would be enough noise to cover the key turning, the door opening, and that stupid cat leaving the house... (actually I was to dicover he was the smart one)............So on goes the radio full blast, key turns in the lock, door opens, cat leaves in such a hurry the floor is about to smoke....

NOW HERE'S WHERE EVERYTHING GETS WORSE...

I CAN'T SHUT THE DOOR!!!!!!

SOMETHING is pushing hard against it from the out side, really

HARD!

BUT now the paint brush is stuck to the door frame and my hand. In my fright I'd held on to the darn thing so long the paint had dried my hand to the handle....the bristles were just dried enough to stick fast to the door frame.....and I was stuck fast YEP YOU GUESSED IT TO THE DOOR FRAME....

With SOMETHING pushing hard from the outside

and me pushing as hard as I can from the inside and the radio blaring away full volumne and....

now I hear SOMETHING screaming from the outside but can't

make it out because of the radio blaring right beside me.....

and I am trapped no matter what I try to do but I sure as heck

am

not

going

to

let

whatever

is

out

there

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You kiddo's I've really put in a long, tiring day for this ole lady and here in the NW it's 11:39 pm so I'll have to finish anoither time...

I

just

can't

keep

my

eyes

op ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 10-12-2003, 06:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Dinotar's toes are cramping.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Paused

AARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This is ridiculous! You MUST finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 08:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Paused

There's knocking noises coming from my floor and my house is built on a slab!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Afraid to go down dark hall to bathroom, open door...

mommy?.....
Old 10-12-2003, 10:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Well, now that I have taken 2 Excidern maybe I can bore you some more or atleast finish this GHOST STORY for Dinotar.......

As you can see I was in dire straights so to speak....something one would call a no win situation.....hand stuck to the door frame, knocking on the floor that I can't hear because of the radio but am sure is happening, something pushing hard ect.ect.

WHEN in through the very small openning in the door a hand is
reaching.....OH, No! Fingers wiggling.......WHEN

I

suddenly.........

Oh my goodness!

Have you ever been in such a state of mind that nothing makes any sense.....If you have then maybe you'lll understand that by this time I'd had all I could reasonably take and stay sane.......

Only a moment of clarity could save me from going over the edge.

I realized I knew that hand!

It belonged to HIMSELF!

How in the H** was I supposed to know that the mill had broken down and he'd get off early......That it was him pushing so hard against the door to get in, thinking I was being murdered.....Finally I managed to let him in the house...Now you'd think him being Irish he'd have seen the humor in the whole thing BUT not him....Now I am still stuck to the d*** door frame so I have to stand there while Himself is yelling his head off wanting to know JUST WHAT WAS GOING ON?

Now what would you have done????

I proceed to tell Himself the whole story (still stuck to the door frame). I was wishing that I was a fast enough thinker to make up a good lie but since that's NOT what my H.P. made me I was stuck with the truth as well as the door frame......Then I get this LOOK,

you know the LOOK we get, right...

.I thought you'd know what I am talking about.....Only we know that look...

So gently as possible with the help of some nail polish remover
Himself releases me from the door frame, then goes to work on the paint brush, just as quietly as can be, Himself thinking I am sure that he best tread lighty or over the edge I go never to return.....

Then Just as he was finishing.......

I am not even going to give any excuses for closing tonight I am just to upset over Tom and worried about John
Old 10-12-2003, 10:46 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Are you going to keep this going until Halloween???? LOL!!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 10:59 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW

I MIGHT HAVE TO

MY HOUSE IS BECOMING GRAND CENTRAL!

YOU'VE HEARD OF THE REST OF THE STORY HAVEN'T YOU?

WELL, YOU MUST REMEMBER I AM AN OLE LADY AND MY FINGERS GET AWFULLY TIRED....IN A HURRY AND OLE LADYS NEVER TALK FAST EITHER.......