OT Q about animal rescue - is it a codie thing ?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Question OT Q about animal rescue - is it a codie thing ?

So the Bach flowers lady tells me of a vet that has spayed strays she has adopted and all of them have recovered wonderfully . He asks for about 30 dollars for that, he almost doesn't charge for it just asks money to pay for medications.

The vet I have gone to asks for 95 dollars. Other vets go higher than that, even 140 dollars.

The vet that spayed my Dolce was 100 dollars and she got a bad infection.

So the Bach flowers lady tells me vets take advantage of now one loves the pet and ask for too high a price.

And I wonder if I should take advantage of the cost and betray the vet that asks for the triple.

Also the Bach flowers lady says he also keeps the kittens and gives them away at his shop.

Although the vet I have gone too is more expensive I also think paying that price is supporting the vet humane treatment to animals. This is the only vet hostel I have seen that has a garden for cats only and they let them roam at a specific time, first the dogs then the cats... also they have cats and small dogs roaming inside, some have issues that prevent ppl from adopting them (like one that is too large and a little bit deformed ) do they end up adopting them and keeping them safe and happy.

So is it a codie thing to spend so much money on an animal? also the Bach flowers lady told me I can't save all teh cats in the world and I shouldn't worry on spaying the 5 kittens and I should give them to the cheap vet. That I already did something good getting them out of the streets.

But then I think someone that gives animals as gifts is a red flag and also I bought good food for them and have played with them and all that so they go out to the streets again and continue reproducing?? after all cheap vet doesnt wait to give them out neutered.

Not sure about what to do.
Also the humane vet asks for some money in exchange of each cat adopted so I am wishing I could get a few bucks back.

What do you think ???????
Old 05-07-2010, 12:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

What's that list ... like Craig's list - but it's where you explse businesses for not giving quality work??? I can't think of the name of it? Angie's list? is that it?

Maybe try that?

I wouldn't be suprised... but I'm an animal person big-big.