XABF died today

Old 05-07-2010, 03:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Words are not enough! Thinking of you BrandiSue. Much love. May he rest in peace xxx
Old 05-07-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I remember you and your posts from last year. I'm so sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my fiance' in our bed to addiction this past november. Take your time, grieve, mourn, and nurture yourself. You are in my prayers.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I too have been following your posts and I had a terrible feeling after your last one that this one was not long in coming sweetpea... You have loved this man for a long long time and I know your pain well as do several other posters here. Be gentle with yourself sweetie. You have done ALL that anyone could and then some.

Janitw
Old 05-07-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

((((Brandisue)))) I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Many hugs and blessings.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh I'm so sorry Brandisue. I hope you are able to rest and find some measure of peace.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm sorry I didn't read this yesterday when you posted.
My heart is heavy for you, hon.
He was loved by you and knew it when it mattered most.
I will say a prayer for you. Please write soon and let us know how are you are because we all do care very much.

Alice
Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. Grieving is a hard process--remembering the good times can make us sad as well as remembering the bad times. I hope you continue to come back to get whatever will help you through this rough time.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

BrandiSue, I'm new here, but thank you for posting. I wish you peace and I am so very sorry for your loss.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I too, have a very old friend who has been given at most a year. She is a ward of the state. Her liver has stopped working and has hepatic encephalopathy. It is very, very,, sad. Too many close to me have died in the last few years.

You have my sympathy, as well as, my empathy.

Peace
Old 05-07-2010, 11:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
BrandiSue, I remember you well.
I get how it feels to see them vibrant and "healthy" and full of life.

This disease is horrible.

Take care of yourself. I hope you can grab a copy of "the language of letting go" and/or "the grief club" by Melody Beatty. The grief club is about going through all kinds of changes in our life, including death of a loved one.
Thanks for the book suggestions. I will order them now. I am struggling so much tonight. My friends have all been great about getting me out of the house and staying busy, but once I'm home alone, it all hits again.

This is so hard.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you for your heartfelt responses. I'm crying as I read them. I can't seem to stop the tears tonight.

I've got great friends who are helping me through this but it doesn't make it any easier.

I keep looking through our old pics and can't seem to stop. Then I play the song that he told me he wanted played at his funeral and the tears flow again.

His best friend just lost his wife from cancer 6 mos ago and we've been on the phone a lot lately sharing. He's just lost his two best friends - one from a disease that could have been prevented and the other from a disease that she had no control over. What a sad state of affairs for him...for me too.

I did love him very much. He was very well liked in his community and they are all stunned that he went so quickly and at such a young age.

Thank you again. I'm going to try and get some sleep. xoxo
Old 05-08-2010, 03:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

BrandiSue - My heart goes out to you .... such a tragic loss.

For me, the saddest part regarding those whose lives are lost to this baffling and deadly obsession... is knowing their lives didn’t have to end this way.

I had always hoped my AH would find the strength and clarity to find enduring sobriety, but it was not to be his fate as his once active and productive life came to a very brutal and tragic end. Everyday it is hard for me to accept that he could still be with his sons and I ... if he had made different choices.

These past few days, I have also been going through old photos of my AH while preparing a special gift tribute album for my husband’s mother this Mother’s Day. Those old photos are filled with memories of a happier time, when my AH was still strong and healthy, so many with him smiling proudly as he stood next to his sons while sharing joyful events together. His downhill transformation is still stunningly hard to comprehend. Now, sadly he will not see his sons’ graduate from college or share in any of their milestones and accomplishments ... things I know he would have been so proud of. I have made a sincere effort these last few years to share the many memories I have of their father...remembering the best in him.

So powerfully transforming, yet so heart wrenchingly tragic .... alcoholism senselessly steals away those that once had so much potential for a productive and healthy life. LIttle by little as it progresses, it leaves behind a trail of destruction and heart break .... and forever changing the lives of those they leave behind.

His struggles are now over and he is finally at peace. Keep remembering the best in him and the happiness he once brought into your lives ... and the joy you and your sons brought into his. May you and your sons find serenity during this challenging time. My thoughts are with you.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
No pity. No remorse. No fear

BrandiSue, I'm quite new here, but your heartfelt post touched me. My prayers to you and those others who loved your XA. Requiascat in pace.

If I may make another book suggestion: Staring at the Sun by Irvin Yalom, an eminent psychiatrist. I lost my Mother last year to the consequences of the same vile disease, and the book was a great help. Other friends have also found comfort in this book.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

thoughts are with you. i'm so very sorry for your pain.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. So young, its very sad.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I cried when i read this,i cried because i finally realise how awfull this disease is.
My thoughts are with you. x
Old 05-08-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

i've been following your story Brandisue and dreading this time for you. I am so sorry you are going through this, i hope that one day soon his passing will be a relief and you will be free. As you say, he is free from his demons now. Be gentle on yourself x
Old 05-18-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I haven't been on SR long, so I'm not familiar with your situation. I do gather from reading that this was a hard battle for both of you for some time. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Being that yesterday was the 7 year passing of my son's father, in his active addictions, I wanted to revisit your post and thank you for standing by him till he passed. That was something I didn't do, and I regret it.

I do thank my HP that his struggle is over, just as you've said.
It's very hard for those left behind......
My prayers and thoughts will be with you!
HUGS!