SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   He requested to be my friend on fb (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/200144-he-requested-my-friend-fb.html)

KeepPedaling 05-02-2010 06:26 PM

He requested to be my friend on fb

He sent me a friend request on fb. I just think it's so lame. If he were sober, he would have sent me a letter in the mail to let me know. Since he's still drinking, he's sent me a request on fb. A request he knew I would not accept.

So his motive? Dunno, maybe he was sober for a second and remembered me and wanted some attention? Maybe?

You know what? I think it's safe to say that I am NEVER going to be with that man again.

Done, done, done. You know why? Cause he really only cares about himself and all I've been feeling for him is misplaced loyalty. MISPLACED. He doesn't deserve it. He's just a mean selfish guy with a drinking problem.

Hope everyone is winding down a fantastic weekend. I want to be REALLY successful and productive this week. Starting right now.

Wascally Wabbit 05-02-2010 08:08 PM

Use the block function.
Sounds like he's trying to keep tabs on you. Good for you for being so strong!

Learn2Live 05-02-2010 08:16 PM

I hope you hit <Ignore>.

kittykitty 05-02-2010 08:20 PM

My exabf tried that as well... a day or so after I put my dog to sleep. He attached a message that said "thin we could both use a friend right now, what do you say?"

It was difficult for me to resist writing back, "i have plenty of friends already, I don't need you to be one of them" I just ignored it. I don't know if it was keeping tabs, but it was definitely another way to keep contact of some sort. I'm glad you didn't fall for it.

Have a great week!

Kittyboo 05-02-2010 08:26 PM

I SHOULD have ignored my X when he wrote me his drunk fb apology. That was my last exposure to his insincerity before he then blocked me!

KP- I admire you girl!!! Keep it going! :c011:

KeepPedaling 05-02-2010 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit (Post 2586722)
Use the block function.
Sounds like he's trying to keep tabs on you. Good for you for being so strong!

I don't know how to do that. I hit ignore and then made it so only my friends can message me just in case that's his next planned step.

Loooove your photo by the way.

transformyself 05-02-2010 08:53 PM

Go to ACCOUNT
then PRIVACY
BLOCK
and type in his name.
don't click on his name when it appears,
click on BLOCK.

Easy!

KeepPedaling 05-02-2010 08:59 PM

K, trying now. Thanks Transform!

KeepPedaling 05-02-2010 09:23 PM

done!

transformyself 05-03-2010 04:21 AM

Well, how's it feel?
Warning: if you "unblock" him, you know, just to take a peek, it will be 48 hours before you can block him again.

How do I know? Um, I don't remember...

wicked 05-03-2010 05:27 AM

heehee, transform.
:a213:

Lilly Burn 05-03-2010 02:05 PM

ooh peeking

It has been my undoing on more than one occasion, not just facebook, its just so easy to be a sleuth these days and I have ALWAYS regretted it....Lilly x

coffeedrinker 05-03-2010 04:41 PM

doing great, KP :herewego

TakingCharge999 05-03-2010 04:59 PM

keep up the good work!!!!!!!

Jess01 05-03-2010 06:15 PM

My ex ABF wrote this detailed message to me on facebook today saying how much he misses me and how he thinks about me all the time (we broke up 1 1/2 weeks ago and this is the first time he has made contact). I have been getting on with my life and do not regret breaking up one bit. He mentioned how much of a good time I have been having, as he has been reading my page and status updates etc. It really annoys me that he keeps me under surveillance like this, and I am considering blocking and deleting him too. As if breakups arent hard enough that you have to deal with FB too these days.

Just for a laugh:

I filmed this song by Australian performer Kate Miller-Heidke - her rendition of an ex-boyfriend trying to add himself to her FB:

YouTube - Kate Miller-Heidke Facebook Song

KeepPedaling 05-03-2010 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by transformyself (Post 2586921)
Well, how's it feel?
Warning: if you "unblock" him, you know, just to take a peek, it will be 48 hours before you can block him again.

It feels like I can relax again and he can't pop into my day whenever he feels like it. Wheeeew!

Coffee, I love that popcorn smilie!!!

KeepPedaling 05-03-2010 08:39 PM

That facebook song is so funny.

barb dwyer 05-03-2010 11:19 PM

I went looking for mine
(the hunted becomes the hunter in some wierd suburban way)
and found three guys
with the same name -

so I blocked all three.

LOL!

But knowing that he can't find me
by going through my sons' pages
felt so freaking GOOD!!!!!

TakingCharge999 05-03-2010 11:33 PM

FB sucks, and its a huge codie trigger for me.

Everyone has more fun
Everyone has a life
Everyone looks better
Everyone travels to great places
Everyone else is soooooooooooo interesting and has tons of friends and parties and enjoy life soooo damn much
Yadda yadda

I deleted people with XABF's same first name even when they were nice :lmao
If someone wants to contact you they'll call ! I'll call whoever I like and meet for coffee.

Have heard of so much drama going on on FB, etc...... and yes I always regreted peeking, too!

Its been more than a year since I last peeked. Sometimes I get the urge but I remember I DESERVE JOY and if I want to read depressing lies why not read the politics section of my local news???

barb dwyer 05-03-2010 11:40 PM

FB is where I can talk with my kids messaging
since I don't have a computer at home.

I'm never going to avoid someplace/something
just because some exAHole might be lurking around there.
Ever.
Again.

This is MY life.

*I* am the one who makes it safe.

I fb with many SR people
and am not giving it up
just because some idiot

still wants to hurt me.

Screw that - bring it: I'll make you famous.