500th Post

Old 05-02-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

500th Post

The start of this thread marks my 500th SR post. I'm excited about that! I joined in the beginning of October 2009 just prior to a panicked "pack-n-run" that occurred on Oct 9th. Leaving my then-husband whom I now call my STBXAH, is something I'll never regret.

It's been a difficult, traumatic, completely worth-while journey toward healing, and learning how to live differently. Walking the paths on SR has been the single most helpful thing I've done. Sometimes I speak to my counselor so much about SR, that I wonder if she's starting to get tired of hearing about it. LOL!

Soberrecovery.com and dear, helpful, wonderful, recovering, people who make this Forum such an amazing place to be...

THANK YOU!!! God Bless you all!

Love and Hugs!
Tigger
Old 05-02-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile So good to see your name again on SR....

Hi Tigger

There are lots of new names but lots of sober people & New Comers. I am in Spokane in a motel right now. My husband was flown here by helicopter from our hospital at home. He has been in ill health the past two years in & out of the hospital many times.

This Big Medical Center found that he has had two small strokes. So now are trying to trace down if the problem is his heart or a problem area with veins in his throat.

My Depression has been a problem again & just started back to counseling this Monday. It is a good thing I did. If I stress out too much I go into a severe manic state or "Melt Down" like I did two years ago & ended up in a psyc ward for 10 days.

I have to watch my moods closely & take time outs when I start my pressured speech & mood changes. My husband & youngest daughter are so helpful & kind to me so I won't get angry & mad at the world.

How wonderful you have made those 500 posts! :ghug3

I need to get ready to go to the hospital. My youngest daughter...33...is with me & does the driving. She used to live here so knows the town quite well.

kelsh
Old 05-02-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow... you've got a lot going on, Kelsh! I'm so sorry things have been so tough. I hope they get better going forward. HUGS!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hiya Tigger. Congrats on your journey away from the Dark Side.

Kelsh, I hope things get better for you soon. It sounds really hard, what you're going through. I'm glad you have your daughter with you and a good counselor.