Close and healthy

Old 04-28-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LS2

Close and healthy

That is what he wants...he wants to be able to cuddle and be open and closer. He says "there is tension between us because I ignore him when he tries to talk to me" He's been dry close to 4 months and has stopped going to his meetings. Which, is fine..gotta do what you gotta do but, I feel like he is going crazy on me with wanting to do all the projects around the house that he had not finished and doing things he'd never do in the past 5 years we've been together!

He is not working a program-the only thing he has is probation meetings, which he got away with lying about his drinking-now he is going to group meetings once every 3 months. He has no license, therefore-as far as I know he needs completion of outpatient in order to gain his license back.

I don't understand the MN laws reguarding getting it back after a certain amount of time or whatever.He doesn't really tell me much when I ask. He says he might qualify for a work permit and meeting permit, who knows-he's on his 3rd or 4th DWI.

I guess I am really frustrated with him-he wants everything to be all peachy, and I am the one that just "needs to get over it!"

I don't even know what to say to him anymore...I keep our conversations simple but he just thinks I am trying to ignore him. He just wants all of my attention to be focused on him but it doesn't work that way...especially with 2 little ones..

Grrrr....

I guess I don't understand what a "healthy" relationship is.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So, HE wants this, and HE wants that. What do YOU want? We are each in charge of our own happiness. We are each responsible for our own needs. Your needs and wants are of equal importance, and you are not responsible for his.

L
Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LS2

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
So, HE wants this, and HE wants that. What do YOU want? We are each in charge of our own happiness. We are each responsible for our own needs. Your needs and wants are of equal importance, and you are not responsible for his.

L
I guess I do know...I want out of my relationship with him but I am afraid...
Not sure what to do or if i need to just stick it out for a while.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What are you afraid of?

You don't have to answer here, but I found that when I gave voice to my fears, they turned out not to be as big and scary as I thought. Journaling was a big help to me.

L