Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans for the day...

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans for the day...

Old 05-01-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Wow!

You are lucky that she is housetraining so fast. Marvin is fine now, but, man, he was out ever 45 minutes for a while.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
Wow!

You are lucky that she is housetraining so fast. Marvin is fine now, but, man, he was out ever 45 minutes for a while.
Daytime is a bit of a challenge. Even though I know she can hold it several hours, I have to make sure I get her outside every hour or two. She's had several accidents in the house, and I'm sure a lot of it is attributable to the momma/pups being outside 24/7 and just messing in a pen whenever.

That's what I love about crate-training (in addition to several other reasons). Dogs normally won't urinate/defecate in their own 'den', unless they absolutely can't hold it for some reason. Now I know she can go about 5 hours.

My greyhound and small boxer/JRT mix are both 'crate dogs', that is, they know their crates are where they go when I'm not at home, and they both get fed in their crates also.

My wire-haired terrier mix I lost to cancer last year was a rescue at a year old when I got her, and not housebroken at all. It took less than a week of crate-training to get her completely housebroken. Even though she slept with me at night after that like the rest of the dogs, she still viewed her crate as her 'safe' place, and would go in it to nap during the daytime.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I´m a cat person, but I also love dogs.

This one is about one of the most beautiful I´ve seen.

Congratulation!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
That's what I love about crate-training (in addition to several other reasons). Dogs normally won't urinate/defecate in their own 'den', unless they absolutely can't hold it for some reason. Now I know she can go about 5 hours.

My greyhound and small boxer/JRT mix are both 'crate dogs', that is, they know their crates are where they go when I'm not at home, and they both get fed in their crates also.

My wire-haired terrier mix I lost to cancer last year was a rescue at a year old when I got her, and not housebroken at all. It took less than a week of crate-training to get her completely housebroken. Even though she slept with me at night after that like the rest of the dogs, she still viewed her crate as her 'safe' place, and would go in it to nap during the daytime.

I'm a dog crater person too... very valuable tool.... nothing like good boundaries!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Aww thanks for saving her. What a different future for her! and how healing for you. God always knows how to create win win scenarios.